Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums Messages

Club Announcements

Discounted Car Insurance: Owners Club insurance could save you money on your car insurance. Get a quote

Review your Ford: Help others when it comes to buying a car like yours and review your Ford now

Ford Car Parts: View All ford car parts by category. Look for Ford Car Parts now!

Raizak

Installed my Angel Eyes......but there's a problem!

8 posts in this topic

Installed my Angel Eyes on my Fiesta MK6 (Facelift) and am glad to have gotten rid of the silly bubble in the lights. Below is a quick picture. All is good but the sidelights are "standard yellowish" lights. I now have 2 options!

web1w.th.jpg

1) Change them to clear "White" bulbs to match the Halo Rings?

2) Cut the wires and simply have the "Angel Eyes"?

Help guys and gals!!

Installed my Angel Eyes on my Fiesta MK6 (Facelift) and am glad to have gotten rid of the silly bubble in the lights. Below is a quick picture. All is good but the sidelights are "standard yellowish" lights. I now have 2 options!

web1w.th.jpg

Help guys and gals!!

Changing the bulb, or even just leaving said bulbs out sounds like the simplest solution - I wouldn't cut the wires.

Thinking about it - might look a little odd with nothing lighting that area of the headlight up, probably not at night, but in half light conditions (dusk, dawn, overcast) - try pulling the bulbs out and seeing what it looks like, if its OK, leave them out, if it looks gash pop out and get some new bulbs.

no side lights mean no mot.... so wouldnt recomend cutting the wires! just get some decent bulbs will make the world of difference

web1w.th.jpg

Help guys and gals!!

Dont cut the wires, it will fail MOT without sidelights.

LOL cheers for the advice guys. I'm not the brightest :D

Will get some decent bulbs for them!!

LOL cheers for the advice guys. I'm not the brightest :D

Will get some decent bulbs for them!!

I thought you were talking about the Bulbs :lol:

On a more serious note,if the halo ring fails,you cant repair it yourself the whole lamp assy has to be returned to the dealer for replacement.

I thought you were talking about the Bulbs :lol:

On a more serious note,if the halo ring fails,you cant repair it yourself the whole lamp assy has to be returned to the dealer for replacement.

as the guys above said its just easier to just leave out the bulbs and just put them back in for mots as i do, never had any complaints with the blue meanies, also just do a beam check as the beam is somtimes in a new position easies way is to go to a dark place eg field, and use a standard cars headlights and align them up with them

my angel eyes headlights dont have sidelight bulbs, just the halos. it shud still pass mot even if they are yellow as long as it has a descent brightness

CIMG0600.jpg