Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Beam Deflectors For Mk7/7.5

Mental_Atom

Hey guys,

I'm going to europe in September. Has any fitted beam deflectors onto a mk7/7.5 fiesta for europe? What did you use use and how easy were they to fit?

Thanks in advance!

If you have projector headlights, you don't need to put those stickers on.

That's because the projectors have a horizontal cut-off line. Just to be sure you can lower your beam with you switch near the headlight switch.

How do you determine if they are projector lamps, please?

gallery_6631_109_212683.jpg

Left is a reflector headlight

Right is a projector headlight.

• Like 1

Unless the projectors have a lever to adjust for LHD ( some xenons do ) then AFAIK you still need beam defectors. I've always used these http://www.motoring-into-europe.co.uk/product-eurolites.html on my Mondeo and the fitting chart certainly has diagrams for Fiestas 12/2012 onwards. They come with comprehensive instructions and are easy to fit and remove. I always get mine from amazon, a lot cheaper than somewhere like Halfords , last set was from here http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B007T7SIRO/ref=pe_385721_37038051_TE_3p_dp_1

• Like 1

The projector type headlights have a switch in each to switch the beam pattern to the other side.

The projector type headlights have a switch in each to switch the beam pattern to the other side.

They do? That's awesome, do you know where it is?

Also thanks for all the other replies guys, been a bit busy to reply :(

I've also used the Eurolites on my Fiesta ST with projector headlights and found them easy to fit and remove. If you are careful removing them you can re-use them several times. Totally agree about buying them of amazon, far cheaper than Halfrauds.

• Like 1

Do they? I've never seen it :(

Do they? I've never seen it :(

Some also have an option in the settings! Stoney has all the knowledge regarding it

Come on then, please spit it all out

Sorry?

Please supply fuller information about the means to adjust the projector for deflection to the opposite side.

Please supply fuller information about the means to adjust the projector for deflection to the opposite side.

As I said. Stoney, an owner of a 2015 ST has the information. I just know that it's possible on SOME new model, Ford vehicles.

The actual cutoff inside the reflector is adjusted as far as I'm aware, although some owners have said it simply lowers the headlights or flattens the beam pattern to adjust glare. I'll try and find the video now.

The 2015 Focus when fitted with bi-xenons (Titanium X and ST-3) has adaptive headlights, which are software controlled so you can change it in the settings and it will adjust the beam pattern.

The Fiesta has static projectors, not software controlled, so will need to be adjust/adapted manually.

• Like 1

The 2015 Focus when fitted with bi-xenons (Titanium X and ST-3) has adaptive headlights, which are software controlled so you can change it in the settings and it will adjust the beam pattern.

The Fiesta has static projectors, not software controlled, so will need to be adjust/adapted manually.

That clears that up, wasn't sure wether the fiesta uses the same system, hence why I used some new ford models :)

Exactly right.

Any Ford fitted with 'adaptive lights' will have a setting in the dash menu for switching over from left hand to right hand driving side.

Some models with non adaptive zenons / halogen lights will have manual switching on the lamps themselves

Easiest way to know if you have adaptive zenons is whether your lights do a test on start-up (mine do a up/down/left/right 'shimmy').

Adaptive lights also follow the steering direction and change pattern depending on lighting conditions on the road.

• Like 1

Just to add, the 2011 focus mk3 has auto levelling bi xenon which do an up down test but can't go left and right and are not adaptive. They have static cornering lights and no option to switch beam pattern in the settings.

Fiesta 2008-2012 Projector headlamps switch

fiestaheadlightadjust.jpgimag0122h.jpgfiestabeampattern.png

• Like 1

Fiesta 2008-2012 Projector headlamps switch

fiestaheadlightadjust.jpgimag0122h.jpgfiestabeampattern.png

Thats properly smart!

Is that on all facelift+ models?

Thats properly smart!

Is that on all facelift+ models?

I've not yet checked my 2013 ST.

Can't find it on the facelift model.

20140121_125629_zpsswp0kutb.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Checked my 2014 ST and definitely no switch, so back to good old Eurolites for next weeks trip over to France.

Sent from my iPad using Ford OC

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club