Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fiesta St Finance - Advice Needed

cgooderham94

I currently have a red edition fiesta and popped into my dealer the other day to see how much extra it would cost for an ST.

I tried to drive a really good deal out of them and I'm slowly getting down to the price I'm willing to pay. Would any of you be able to let me know the price you pay for your ST's? I'm looking at no deposit other than the equity in my car. I'd just like a reasonable idea of what I should pay.

Thanks!

New or used ?

How much equity? I went from a ZS with about £500 negative equity to an ST1. Covered the negative equity with a deposit of £500, and I'm lucky enough to get privilege discount (at the time £1700) and my payments were £254 which was up from £215 on the ZS.

No idea if this was a good deal or not, but they wouldn't budge any more than that.

What price have they got the car down to? Get a quote for the spec you want from drivethedeal no use it to see if they will match or beat it.

They got an ST-3 down to £17000 through car wow and offered £400 equity. However I told them no and now they came back to me today and said they're going to try harder...

Following this thread,

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

Looking for some advice, torn between a ST-2 and black/red edition would love the ST if I can get it at the right price had quotes on carwow just above what I'm willing to pay....

Just now sent an enquiry to drive the deal for the ST-2 with style pack in metallic blue.

What deals did other people get on their ST's? I'm going to the dealership Friday so want to know as much as possible. What was the lowest monthly payment relative to deposit??

Thanks in advance

Tom

Hello,

Looking for some advice, torn between a ST-2 and black/red edition would love the ST if I can get it at the right price had quotes on carwow just above what I'm willing to pay....

Just now sent an enquiry to drive the deal for the ST-2 with style pack in metallic blue.

What deals did other people get on their ST's? I'm going to the dealership Friday so want to know as much as possible. What was the lowest monthly payment relative to deposit??

Thanks in advance

Tom

I'm going into my dealer on tomorrow as well.

You say you have done a quote on drive the deal, so print it off and take it with you, as that is what I have done.

I have printed the quotes from DTD for an ST3 and ST2 to see what they can do for me. Going to see if they can match it, I have my doubts so lets see how close they can actually get to it.

Depending on whether you are taking it out on finance (which DTD includes £925 in its quote for deposit allowance), if you are then it would be very reasonably priced around £15,500 perhaps more.

If they are able to match the price above for ST3 plus with privilege voucher, then I have calculated the my monthly payments at around £190 with no deposit. Maybe I'm pushing my luck with this but we shall see.

It all depend on your circumstances, like what deposit you are willing to make etc.

I'm going into my dealer on tomorrow as well.

You say you have done a quote on drive the deal, so print it off and take it with you, as that is what I have done.

I have printed the quotes from DTD for an ST3 and ST2 to see what they can do for me. Going to see if they can match it, I have my doubts so lets see how close they can actually get to it.

Depending on whether you are taking it out on finance (which DTD includes £925 in its quote for deposit allowance), if you are then it would be very reasonably priced around £15,500 perhaps more.

If they are able to match the price above for ST3 plus with privilege voucher, then I have calculated the my monthly payments at around £190 with no deposit. Maybe I'm pushing my luck with this but we shall see.

It all depend on your circumstances, like what deposit you are willing to make etc.

Drive the Deal offered me:

St-2

-Metallic Blue

-Style Pack

-Electric Air Con

Deposit: £1200

36 Monthly Payments: 236.00

Final Payment: £7699

Similar offer for the St-3 came out £2 cheaper a month.

I'm going to see if my dealer can come up with a deal close to this as I would rather buy from them..

DrivetheDeal said they only do quotes over the phone and wouldn't Email it to me. (Understandable)

Lets see how I get on tomorrow. Heart is now set on a ST

Drive the Deal offered me:

St-2

-Metallic Blue

-Style Pack

-Electric Air Con

Deposit: £1200

36 Monthly Payments: 236.00

Final Payment: £7699

Similar offer for the St-3 came out £2 cheaper a month.

I'm going to see if my dealer can come up with a deal close to this as I would rather buy from them..

DrivetheDeal said they only do quotes over the phone and wouldn't Email it to me. (Understandable)

Lets see how I get on tomorrow. Heart is now set on a ST

Hmm that does seem high for the monthly cost to me over 36 months, but I am comparing this to my own quote which is over 24 months. I'm not too sure what other people are paying on theirs over that period.

But even though the APR is higher on 36 months then it should overall bring the monthly cost down a bit.

If you are looking to take the quotes to the dealer then you can simply print screen them online and paste them into paint or word to print them off so the dealer doesn't think that you are trying it on.

It may be better for you to go for the ST3 rather than going for the ST2 and specing up, but depends what options you really want.

Went dealership today and when providing them with my quote above from DTD the closest they could get is an extra £30 on the monthly payments. I left them scratching their head and did some research on DTD, sounds like DTD is the best way of getting a lower price for a new car.

Has anyone used DTD, is there any catches or hidden charges?

How did you get on at the dealership Nath?

Went dealership today and when providing them with my quote above from DTD the closest they could get is an extra £30 on the monthly payments. I left them scratching their head and did some research on DTD, sounds like DTD is the best way of getting a lower price for a new car.

Has anyone used DTD, is there any catches or hidden charges?

How did you get on at the dealership Nath?

Funnily enough, the same as you!

The first local dealer which I have got my last two previous cars from wasn't able to match it. They were able to go quite low but it was including my ford privilege voucher which he knew I was entitled to so i couldn't really play that card after I got the best deal out of him.

Just rang another local dealer about this, and they say that they do not match the price of DTD. But are going to get back to me with an offer which I'm not going to be surprised with me thinks!

When you mention drive the deal, it seems that they are petrified and go all defensive. Rightly so of course, but you got to try and get the best deal you can so if they can't match or even come close then leave it at that and go elsewhere.

First quote for an ST3 was £240 a month over 24 months, and includes a deposit which I put into the current car when traded in for £425.

I have said I would rather keep my custom local if they can get close, but you can't turn down DTD if the price is no where near.

Nath, what is the total deposit you put down? And what actual price did they got the car down to? Was there any extras e.g metallic paint/style pack?

Nath, what is the total deposit you put down? And what actual price did they got the car down to? Was there any extras e.g metallic paint/style pack?

My current car is in equity of around £450 which I could apply to the new deal. They got lower than the price on DTD, BUT that included ford privilege whereas the DTD quote does not. They got down to around £15,500.

Just received a call from another local dealer quote who have matched the first one of £240, not looking good locally for me.

I got the impression that she really disliked DTD (of course) and had a bad attitude if was brought up and explained what DTD do. I didn't want to have to explain that I knew exactly how it works!

I know that DTD says that they are not able to part ex and that you cannot apply Ford Privilege vouchers to it, but I'm sure a few people on here have been able to if they were lucky, correct me if I'm wrong?

Guys try car wow as well no reason your local dealer shouldn't match them. Mine just beat them for my daughter with a ZS 140.

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC mobile app

Can I ask how much Ford Privilege discount they apply? I get discount known as 'D-Plan' which comes to £850 for the ST.

Can I ask how much Ford Privilege discount they apply? I get discount known as 'D-Plan' which comes to £850 for the ST.

Ford ambassador?

On privilege it's currently £1200 fiesta, £1700 focus plus free metallic paint on both

I think that's the Ambassador discount.

For fiesta st privilege discount is £1250, so your £850 discount must be the ambassador.At the moment with privilege you get free metallic paint and 20% off factory fit optional extras.

Privilege is for close family etc of a ford employee, there is a full list on their website

D - plan is for dealership employees and their family

Privilege is for ford employees and their family

Ambassador is for ford employee friends.

• Like 1

Need the car for November so DTD said to put in a fresh enquiry and order in mid August so it get delivers when I need it and not before.

Going on the quotes I've had carwow matches DTD overall price if not a little cheaper but when I ask for a quote the monthly payments are a lot higher. That's what's important for me so going to order through DTD in August..... Safe to say I cannot wait!!!!!

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club