Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Air Filter For Zetec S Red Edition

TomWrathall

Hi guys this is my first post:

I've got a 15 plate Red edition that I am wanting to replace the standard air filer. Apparently it isn't great. I have been looking at cone filters (manufacturers such as K & N) I have a few questions about a cone filter for my 1 litre turbo

Will it sound differently? (i.e. sound deeper)

Are K & N air filters good? I have read that some cheap filters lets lots of dirt into the engine (Which is definitely what I don't want)

Are they simple to fit?

Which one do you recommend for my car? (I am not too sure which ones will fit)

I am ultimately after an air filter that is easy to fit, makes the car sound nice and also fits in the car

Cheers fella's

post-66671-0-77596300-1437055265_thumb.j

Your best option is probably a K & N panel filter. As long as you get the correct one for a MK7 it just slots into the existing air filter box.

I've used the same one on my three Fiestas now, just swapping it out for the original air filter before selling, and only had to clean it once using the K & N Recharger cleaning kit.

I couldn't really say it sounds any better as I've never really noticed, it also won't make much if any power difference. However, it is the one that Mountune fit on all their upgrades, so if it's good enough for them it must be good :)

Have a look on eBay for the best prices.

Andy, can I ask you what difference does the filter make then?

Your best option is probably a K & N panel filter. As long as you get the correct one for a MK7 it just slots into the existing air filter box.

I've used the same one on my three Fiestas now, just swapping it out for the original air filter before selling, and only had to clean it once using the K & N Recharger cleaning kit.

I couldn't really say it sounds any better as I've never really noticed, it also won't make much if any power difference. However, it is the one that Mountune fit on all their upgrades, so if it's good enough for them it must be good :)

Have a look on ebay for the best prices.

Andy, can I ask you what difference does the filter make then?

Yeah, why would you even upgrade if you can't notice any difference?

TS: If you want it louder and with more noticeable turbo-chatter, I think cold-air intake is the way to go. I'd like one myself, but I have also heard that some will not filter as well as the original..

Pumaspeed has a nice CAI kit.

Thanks, Willy.

Bet it costs a small fortune when it's back in stock though..?

Pumaspeed have 2 induction filters £145 and £223, but as Willy said Mountune is ford approved and wont void the warranty.

I have the J1. . . It's not cheap, but it is well built, and it does make a nice sound. I've had induction kits before on other cars, and they would flat spot and pop and all sorts (I think engine heatsoak was the problem) but of course with the shield thing there is none of that here. Takes around 15 minutes to fit, maybe less if you're efficient with tools, and does look the business, but how much you want it it is up to you. I think a car like yours with the 140ps will benefit from it more than the 1.25 81ps Zetec for obvious reasons, but again it's upto you. If I had to grade it I'd say 8/10, 2 marks off because I think sub £200 would seem more appealing.

• Like 1

I've got one of these:

But I also had a stage 1 ECU remap, plus a custom stainless steel twin tailpipe exhaust.

The roar she produces certainly "turns heads!"

;)

• Like 1

Thanks everyone for your responses. In regards to the induction kit, are there any benefits as well as improved sound? I dont really want to get it and then I see my MPG plummet.

Thanks everyone for your responses. In regards to the induction kit, are there any benefits as well as improved sound? I dont really want to get it and then I see my MPG plummet.

Not sure, I haven't noticed much increase in speed. . . I think it's abit happier in the higher end rev range, motorways for example. . . but realistically the downside is not so good for town/traffic driving.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club