Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Bonnet Lock Issue

tomo91

Hi all just wandering if any of you could help. I cant open my bonnet so I have used the guide on here and used the screwdriver through the hole technique. Managed to get it open but when I close if again it won't open unless I use the screwdriver. Just wandered if there is a way to get it back to normal so I can open it just using the key. Any help and advice is appreciated. Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC mobile app

Has the connecting rod come out of its hole? I disturbed mine on my Cmax fitting a new grille and didnt know until i shut the bonnet then couldn't reopen it!

Has the connecting rod come out of its hole? I disturbed mine on my Cmax fitting a new grille and didnt know until i shut the bonnet then couldn't reopen it!

I'm not sure mate, it doesn't open when I turn the key normally I have to stick a screwdriver through the hole and put pressure on the white bit then I can get it open!

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC mobile app

I am so glad they went to a standard lever/latch style bonnet lock on the mk3 onwards.

• 3 weeks later...

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club