• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 kesher

kesher

• Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Ford Model: focus
Posted 11 May 2008 - 07:53 AM

Yesterday, I bled all the brakes using a pressure bleeder (Eezi Bleed) after letting the fluid drop well below the minimum level, and as my Focus has a hydraulic clutch I'm wondering if it's necessary to bleed the clutch even if the clutch is working fine.
The Haynes manual does not list bleeding the clutch in it's service schedule.

THANKS

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#2 mjt

mjt

Feet Under The Table

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 356 posts
  • Ford Model: 03 Focus Mk1.5 Estate 1.8 TDCi Ghia

Posted 11 May 2008 - 09:07 PM

Yesterday, I bled all the brakes using a pressure bleeder (Eezi Bleed) after letting the fluid drop well below the minimum level, and as my Focus has a hydraulic clutch I'm wondering if it's necessary to bleed the clutch even if the clutch is working fine.
The Haynes manual does not list bleeding the clutch in it's service schedule.

THANKS

It's most unlikely any air will have got into the clutch as this is fed from a separate compartment in the reservoir. Since the clutch is working ok it's best left alone.

#3 kesher

kesher

• Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Ford Model: focus
Posted 11 May 2008 - 10:23 PM

It's most unlikely any air will have got into the clutch as this is fed from a separate compartment in the reservoir. Since the clutch is working ok it's best left alone.

Then I suppose as the clutch is fed from a separate compartment in the reservoir, the clutch's fluid cannot contaminate the newly changed brake fluid

#4 mjt

mjt

Feet Under The Table

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 356 posts
  • Ford Model: 03 Focus Mk1.5 Estate 1.8 TDCi Ghia

Posted 12 May 2008 - 07:43 AM

Then I suppose as the clutch is fed from a separate compartment in the reservoir, the clutch's fluid cannot contaminate the newly changed brake fluid

Well, when you top the fluid up to the correct level it rises above the partition between the two compartments so it will mix to some extent then.

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users