Get Your Club gear
    • Huge Range of Ford Parts
      Huge Range of Ford Parts

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
kesher

Clutch Bleeding Necessary?

4 posts in this topic

Yesterday, I bled all the brakes using a pressure bleeder (Eezi Bleed) after letting the fluid drop well below the minimum level, and as my Focus has a hydraulic clutch I'm wondering if it's necessary to bleed the clutch even if the clutch is working fine.

The Haynes manual does not list bleeding the clutch in it's service schedule.

THANKS

Yesterday, I bled all the brakes using a pressure bleeder (Eezi Bleed) after letting the fluid drop well below the minimum level, and as my Focus has a hydraulic clutch I'm wondering if it's necessary to bleed the clutch even if the clutch is working fine.

The Haynes manual does not list bleeding the clutch in it's service schedule.

THANKS

It's most unlikely any air will have got into the clutch as this is fed from a separate compartment in the reservoir. Since the clutch is working ok it's best left alone.

It's most unlikely any air will have got into the clutch as this is fed from a separate compartment in the reservoir. Since the clutch is working ok it's best left alone.

Then I suppose as the clutch is fed from a separate compartment in the reservoir, the clutch's fluid cannot contaminate the newly changed brake fluid

Then I suppose as the clutch is fed from a separate compartment in the reservoir, the clutch's fluid cannot contaminate the newly changed brake fluid

Well, when you top the fluid up to the correct level it rises above the partition between the two compartments so it will mix to some extent then.