Do Not Sell My Personal Information

A Few Niggles...

WideSam

Hi all,

I'm currently in the process of tidying up my girlfriend's KA for her before she passes her test and it's MOT in a few months. There are just a few things bothering me that I want to know I it's possible to do anything about.

Firstly: the driver door speaker doesn't work, is it better to upgrade them both while I'm there? If so, what would you recommend?

Next: The seats feel a bit like dining chairs? It may be my driving position, but any more than an hour and it's hideously uncomfortable. Are there any bolt in options from other cars that are comfier? A puma sprang to mind...

Again, this might just be what I'm used to, but the ride feels sort of spongy? Are there polybush kits available to tighten everything up a bit?

And finally... The brakes don't do much- admittedly they're in need of some new pads/shoes, but can these be improved? I think I've read about a rear disk conversion?

Firstly - I would say replace both Speakers but it might not be the speaker, but the cable to the Speakers. Check that first.

Next - Yeah, Ka was not really meant to be comfortable ;D - I have 2006 Ka but I actually find it quite comfortable. Changing the seats in the car would be a manual work and you would have to find seats based on measurements from the current car I guess.

Again - Yeah, the car is very "jumpy". You should be able to tighten the suspension. Ask a mechanic about it. Look here: http://www.kaklub.co.uk/pwpcontrol.php?pwpID=2789

And finally - The breaks are not great on the Ka, no arguing about that. You should be able to change the entire break system if you really wanted to (disk, calipers etc...) to make them better.

I guess that's it :)

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club