Do Not Sell My Personal Information

The wait goes on...............

Skully

We've just been down to see the dealer to check the latest progress report. Build date last Friday (28th Aug) so we were expecting delivery round about the middle of September. Howeverrrrr.....we have just been told that the ETA to dealer is approx 25th September for us to collect around the 2nd October!!!!

By our reckoning that is SEVENTEEN WEEKS from order date!!!! D'OH!!!

Wifey is getting seriously depressed now. :angry: :( :(

Oh no! That's awful! Was the car actually built on the 28th or is that what slipped and pushed back the delivery estimate?

If it's sitting there waiting - I'd tell Ford to get their fingers out - make lots of noise until they. Talk about canceled orders, it's amazing how quickly things can happen then. :lol:

17 weeks is outrageous!

Yeah even worse than mine and I am looking at 14 weeks! (when I was initially told it would be 10 weeks max and maybe even less

Oh no! That's awful! Was the car actually built on the 28th or is that what slipped and pushed back the delivery estimate?

If it's sitting there waiting - I'd tell Ford to get their fingers out - make lots of noise until they. Talk about canceled orders, it's amazing how quickly things can happen then. :lol:

17 weeks is outrageous!

Hey Dan.

Well...Chummy checked up on his pc and said that as far as he could tell it had been STARTED last Friday!! There's a possibility that there's a bank holiday over there in Valencia today so it may not be finished til tomorrow! That's just what we need eh, a friday afternoon model before a bank holiday!! Sheeesh!

This wait seems a bit drastic, especially when you consider the only extras we asked for were parking sensors and a spare wheel!!

I could understand, maybe, if we'd asked for the full works!

Anyhooooooooo...the good news (??) is....ta da da daaaaaaa....we have a chassis number!! LOL

Oh, well that'll help you drive to work won't it? :lol:

I hope things speed up for you.

Oh, well that'll help you drive to work won't it? :lol:

I hope things speed up for you.

Thanks mate. I hope so too.....my earhole's getting a right bashing!! ;)

is it a 3dr or a 5dr you have ordered? there was a constrainght on 3drs so took longer to come through. We are quoting ppl ordering now a delivery time of Mid to late Oct dependant on Spec and Engine. But Ford have sorted out long waiting lists now and thing is speeding up slowly slowly on Fiestas. KAs are Crazy got orders and no idea on build dates etc they have enough orders on KAs to fill till Jan 2010.

...That's just what we need eh, a friday afternoon model before a bank holiday!! Sheeesh!

Mine was built April 09th - Maundy Thursday, on Friday and Monday there was bank holiday in Germany and I was also thinking about how it will be built, but knocking on the wood, it`s still working ;)

is it a 3dr or a 5dr you have ordered? there was a constrainght on 3drs so took longer to come through. We are quoting ppl ordering now a delivery time of Mid to late Oct dependant on Spec and Engine. But Ford have sorted out long waiting lists now and thing is speeding up slowly slowly on Fiestas. KAs are Crazy got orders and no idea on build dates etc they have enough orders on KAs to fill till Jan 2010.

'Tis a five door 1.4 Petrol Titanium.

When we ordered on June 5th we were originally told the waiting list was 8 - 10 weeks. Ho-diddley-ho!!

Even taking into account the summer shutdown 'tis a bit excessive to have to wait 17 weeks methinks.

<_<

it generally takes 2 weeks from build to dealer... HOWEVER! they are producing that many its more like 4-6weeks! and the ka is 6-8 weeks!

mines has been in liverpool for a week and sat in flushum compound for 6 days!!!

least its in transit m8 :)

it generally takes 2 weeks from build to dealer... HOWEVER! they are producing that many its more like 4-6weeks! and the ka is 6-8 weeks!

mines has been in liverpool for a week and sat in flushum compound for 6 days!!!

least its in transit m8 :)

Mine was built on the 18 and still not at the dealers

Mine was built on the 18 and still not at the dealers

18th of july? or august?

if its 18th of august id expect to see that car the last week in september or the first week in october....

mines was built on the 5th of august eta to dealer is tmw but im not holding my breathe!

Interesting - I don't get the huge range. Surely it should be as simple as they're built in the order they're ordered.

Ronnie you need to pull some more strings - mine was built on the 18th of August and is sitting at the dealership - collect tomorrow!

Ford say it's now a 20 week turn around on KA could be more if u want anything on them

'Tis a five door 1.4 Petrol Titanium.

When we ordered on June 5th we were originally told the waiting list was 8 - 10 weeks. Ho-diddley-ho!!

Even taking into account the summer shutdown 'tis a bit excessive to have to wait 17 weeks methinks.

<_<

yours is a very long wait if u ordered in June. Cars ordered in June were generaly ready by end of July begining of Aug for the orders we had

yours is a very long wait if u ordered in June. Cars ordered in June were generaly ready by end of July begining of Aug for the orders we had

Well...maybeez you've been lucky Ad....but this is typical Skully luck I'm afraid.

We used the scrappage scheme and the 4 month time limit expires at the beginning of October.

PLUS...the tax on our current car runs out on the 30th September and we soooooooooo don't want to have to stick another 6 months tax on it for the sake of a couple of weeks.

WE WANT OUR CAR AND WE WANT IT NOW!

To make things worse, they had an Ocean Blue Fiesta in the showroom (Zetec not Titanium) and it looked sooooooooooooooooooo good. Also, in the yard were half a dozen brand new 59 plate Fords waiting for collection tomorrow!!

Waaaaaaaaaaaah!!! :( :( :(

We used the scrappage scheme and the 4 month time limit expires at the beginning of October.

PLUS...the tax on our current car runs out on the 30th September and we soooooooooo don't want to have to stick another 6 months tax on it for the sake of a couple of weeks.

4 Month limit for scrappage?

On the tax front you can claim back the extra once its been scrapped - the dealer should give the disc back so you can send it off to the DVLA for a refund.....but you may already know that and just be annoyed at the extra effort.

4 Month limit for scrappage?

On the tax front you can claim back the extra once its been scrapped - the dealer should give the disc back so you can send it off to the DVLA for a refund.....but you may already know that and just be annoyed at the extra effort.

As we understand it the car has to be delivered within 4 months of the order date to qualify.

If Adz is in the business, perhaps he can confirm??

Anyhoo, we know we CAN get a refund for five of the months....but it will mean that we have to fork out the dosh initially.

As we understand it the car has to be delivered within 4 months of the order date to qualify.

If Adz is in the business, perhaps he can confirm??

Anyhoo, we know we CAN get a refund for five of the months....but it will mean that we have to fork out the dosh initially.

the car has to be registered not delivered within 4 months from order BUT if it's going to be over 4 months then ask your dealer to re-contract the car and sign a new order on your original deal and then your 4 months start again :-D always ways round these things lol

the car has to be registered not delivered within 4 months from order BUT if it's going to be over 4 months then ask your dealer to re-contract the car and sign a new order on your original deal and then your 4 months start again :-D always ways round these things lol

Thanks for the advice mate!!

I'll keeps you guys'n'gals informed of any progress....if any!! LOL

:)

Interesting - I don't get the huge range. Surely it should be as simple as they're built in the order they're ordered.

Ronnie you need to pull some more strings - mine was built on the 18th of August and is sitting at the dealership - collect tomorrow!

I think ur dealership is telling u porkie pies! takes 4-6 days before its Gate realesed from factory due to quality checks etc..

id say they told u a later date incase it was delayed in trasint.

when u look on vista cars that were built on the 18th of aug have delivery dates of 22-28th of september!!

Mines is on high priorty and still taking 4ever!!

the problem with recontracting cars is 2 things

1 - it jumps to latest price as soon as u remove a contract (price protection only stays while contract is on)

2 - priorty goes to back of the que. so any build dates etc are removed!

We have had to cancel 3 deals as theres not a hope in hell of the cars getting here in time... if you have a build date ur fine.. if u aint got a build date yet id say you wont get car on scrappage

the problem with recontracting cars is 2 things

1 - it jumps to latest price as soon as u remove a contract (price protection only stays while contract is on)

2 - priorty goes to back of the que. so any build dates etc are removed!

We have had to cancel 3 deals as theres not a hope in hell of the cars getting here in time... if you have a build date ur fine.. if u aint got a build date yet id say you wont get car on scrappage

that's why I said sign another order on the original deal. Most dealers need the figures so will take the hit on price increases. And yes yours will goto back of que but we was talking about this guys fiesta and that should be built by now or have a build date. We waiting till they built then re-contrcting no point losing deals and most deals unless they in a ka can be re done even with price increase

the only deals we have cancelled are KA deals.

Well I'm awaiting a call from my dealer to say it has arrived - and knowing my luck - that won't happen this week and we'll be stuck carless next week when we are off work . . . .

that's why I said sign another order on the original deal. Most dealers need the figures so will take the hit on price increases. And yes yours will goto back of que but we was talking about this guys fiesta and that should be built by now or have a build date. We waiting till they built then re-contrcting no point losing deals and most deals unless they in a ka can be re done even with price increase

the only deals we have cancelled are KA deals.

most dealers wouldnt cut £600 out a fiesta! most barley make that kind of money... as i said the build dates are generally changed when there recontraced!

if you got a good deal to start with you have no chance of getting it recontraced! by the time the dealer pays scrappage contribution, then puts in what ever u haggle. i think ud be hard pressed to get a dealer to absorb the price of the increase!

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club