Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums Messages

Club Announcements

Ford Fair 2016: Tickets and stand passes are now available to purchase. More info here.

Review your Ford: Help others when it comes to buying a car like yours and review your Ford now

AdBlock Warning

Parts of this website do not function properly with AdBlock enabled on your device. To get the best user experience on our website, please disable Adblock for this website (domain) on your browser.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Raizak

MK6 Gears............Effing annoying!

3 posts in this topic

I'm having major issues with my mk6's gears! The reverse sometimes doesn't sit in right and kicks out and ofcourse make that annoying grinding noise and also sometimes has trouble going into first!

Why doesn't the MK6 have a lift up or push down for revers like 95% of cars have :( i loved that!

Anyone else having the "sticking" issue with their MK6?

I'm having major issues with my mk6's gears! The reverse sometimes doesn't sit in right and kicks out and ofcourse make that annoying grinding noise and also sometimes has trouble going into first!

Why doesn't the MK6 have a lift up or push down for revers like 95% of cars have :( i loved that!

Anyone else having the "sticking" issue with their MK6?

The gear-change can be adjusted, 2 cables, hidden inside a black plastic boxing low down at the front of the 'box. Troubles can also arise below the gear lever. If it's niether of these, low oil level may be the culprit, but it takes special oil, Castrol SMX-S fully synthetic, and must not be filled to overflowing the top-up hole, as that can blow the input oil-seal.

In short, it's a job for the dealerships. ( My own attempt to get my new Mk6.5 'bux shifting more slickly, resulted in occasional popping out of 1st gear,but I'm now aware that this G/B is known to be troublesome, and that is why the special oil is fitted). My car is much better now, after running-in, and in warm weather).

Same problem, with my works van tho, 56 plate transit haha. The garage sent the gearbox away to get rebuilt, seems to have cured it (touch wood)