1 reply to this topic

#1 Yogster

Yogster

• Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Ford Model: Ford Focus 1.8TDCI Sport
Posted 01 September 2009 - 06:51 AM

Dear All,
I have recently had a new clutch on my Ford Focus Sport 1.8TDCI about a month ago and i had the car serviced about two weeks ago (Oil change, air filter change, fuel filter change and new front brake pads). Over the past couple of weeks my car has seemed to lose power, i am having to change down one more gear to climb hills etc and there is definetely a problem. Also over the weekend i was overtaking a car going up hill so i dropped it down to 3rd gear and booted it and there was a high revving noise which sounded like the clutch was slipping????

Also recently i have noticed a small amount of what looks and smells like oil under my drivers mat in the drivers footwell.

Has anyone got any suggestions as to why my car has suddenly lost power as i just don't know where to start? I have to travel a long distance this weekend and i am worried that it won't get there.

Johann

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#2 mintalkin

mintalkin

Ford Enthusiast

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,476 posts
  • Name: mintalkin
  • Ford Model: mondeo tdci 130
  • Year: 2006

Posted 01 September 2009 - 08:25 PM

the oil could be coming from the master cylinder and traveling down the clutch pedal into the foot well, check around the master cylinder for any leaks.

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users