Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Slow To Boost At Wot

InKontrol

Evening all,

I've had this problem for a while now and adapted my driving style to it, however I think now's the time to attack it. It was particularly present when exiting a roundabout in 3rd gear, at which point I put my foot down to a WOT condition and the turbo took a while to pick up. I believe it's normally around about 2000rpm when the thing kicks in but it kept waiting and waiting and waiting until around 2800rpm and I finally got the surge. I believe the turbo is working properly from 2000rpm but it always seems to have that extra push just before 3000rpm.

The odd thing is if I push the throttle open partially then the turbo is more effective at spooling up, rather than mashing the floor but that creates a weird feeling in that to get the most power of it you have to be a !Removed! on the throttle.

An EGR blanking plate was fitted not so long ago but the problem was there before then, so I don't believe it's got anything to do with it. The engine is the dreaded french trash 1.6TDCi.

My best bet would be the VNT vanes sticking hence only being at WOT. The VNT vanes are crucial to the airflow to the turbine wheel at different revs and engine load to control the boost required.

That's what my money would be on personally.