Do Not Sell My Personal Information

What's yours called?

Sarc

Just a silly little topic - trying to think of something different to ask, to while away the minutes.

What do you call your Fiesta? (I've seen a few good'uns mentioned on these forums, but thought we could gather them all together in one 'pet names' thread).

Also, any unique suggestions for what I could call mine when I get it? (Clean ideas please!) I'm normally quite good at this sort of thing, but my mind's gone blank at the moment.

(The car I have on order is a Colorado Red, Zetec 1.4, 3-door, petrol, manual transmission. No extras - just the bog-standard model).

Apart from calling it 'Red' or 'Fiesta Rantzen' (sorry, bad joke), any ideas would be welcome.

Cheers,

Sarc.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sarc

• paulworthing

• Reel105

• DNStuff

Yours could be Colin - Col(orado)in. I also like Fiesta Rantzen. :lol:

Mine's Frosty - everybody sing - "Frosty the Fiesta, was a jolly happy car..."

My current car, a 1.4 2005 fiesta is called Brian

n285600106_1154317_4080.jpg

My car on order, a 1.6 Zetec S is going to be called Diefenbaker :P

qpm90wm0KGrHgoOKj8EjlLmWyi9BKdEW-1.jpg

Always wanted a Husky, and this is as close as I'll get for a while :lol:

I've always thought Dylan would be a good name for someone/something?

I generally don't name them - I don't like to get attached due to the inevitability of a trade in.

I almost shed a tear when we traded our old Megane in a few years back.

My, what a manly moment for me.

Yours could be Colin - Col(orado)in. I also like Fiesta Rantzen. :lol:

Mine's Frosty - everybody sing - "Frosty the Fiesta, was a jolly happy car..."

I like your 'frosty' name - goes quite well. Not sure about calling mine Colin though! Might get a few strange comments - me being a bloke, and all that! :blink: Thanks for the idea though.

Sarc.

My current car, a 1.4 2005 fiesta is called Brian

n285600106_1154317_4080.jpg

My car on order, a 1.6 Zetec S is going to be called Diefenbaker :P

qpm90wm0KGrHgoOKj8EjlLmWyi9BKdEW-1.jpg

Always wanted a Husky, and this is as close as I'll get for a while :lol:

I've always thought Dylan would be a good name for someone/something?

I sense a slight 'Magic Roundabout' theme here! :D

I only name my cars when I consider them special - my first car - Suzuki SC100GX was called Farter (FTR plate) and the only other one that really stuck was Tango for my Hot Orange Convertible MINI. This one will get named but just need to get hold of him and find out what his personality is like - PEA POD works as PO'D are my initials too (shame I can't get P34 POD number plate tho)

I like the 'Uncle Festa' nickname - don't worry, I won't nick the idea though. :) Still trying to think of a pet name myself for my own new car.

I know what you mean about the 'attachment factor', (Reel105). I'm trading in an eleven-year-old Megane, (under the scrappage scheme), to buy our new Fiesta, and although I can't wait for our new motor, I'm dreading leaving the old car in the dealer's car park - especially knowing what's about to happen to it in the next week or so. Very sad! :( (These tin boxes become part of the family!)

Mine will be called Claudia since it's incredibly sexy and made in Germany.

I once had an XR3i which I called Sharon after a friends wife (it was short, fat, moody and always wore black).

I only name my cars when I consider them special - my first car - Suzuki SC100GX was called Farter (FTR plate) and the only other one that really stuck was Tango for my Hot Orange Convertible MINI. This one will get named but just need to get hold of him and find out what his personality is like - PEA POD works as PO'D are my initials too (shame I can't get P34 POD number plate tho)

LOL - love the name for your old Suzuki. (Hope it passed it's emissions tests). :lol:

Pea Pod sounds good for the squeeze colour.

LOL - love the name for your old Suzuki. (Hope it passed it's emissions tests). :lol:

Pea Pod sounds good for the squeeze colour.

I am not sure that they worried too much about emissions back in 1983!

and as for the car - Green - Meanie, Goblin, Apple,

Have to say I kind of like the Goblin one (although the reason behind that is kind of rude! LOL)

Mine will be called Claudia since it's incredibly sexy and made in Germany.

I once had an XR3i which I called Sharon after a friends wife (it was short, fat, moody and always wore black).

I'm guessing mine will be Spanish - apart from calling it Cruz (as in Penelope), I can't really think of any other Spanish connection! :blink: (Please don't anyone suggest I call it Alonso!)

I am not sure that they worried too much about emissions back in 1983!

and as for the car - Green - Meanie, Goblin, Apple,

Have to say I kind of like the Goblin one (although the reason behind that is kind of rude! LOL)

Cheeky! ;)

Unless there are any other clever ideas, I may end up calling my new car 'Rantzen' after all, (as in 'Fiesta Rantzen'). It's the only vaguely witty thing I've managed to come up with so far - not that I am, in any way, a fan of that particular celebrity, I hasten to add!

Or maybe 'Scarlet' - to match the colour.

I sense a slight 'Magic Roundabout' theme here! :D

Haha good try, but no cigar I'm afraid.

Brian was from Spaced 'ello Brian'. Just liked the idea of being able to say that when I was walking towards the car

marsha3.jpg

Diefenbaker is from an old show called 'Due South' (thank you kindly) hence the mourning of the lost Husky

cast.jpg

Dylan I've loved ever since I saw Dylan Moran Live: One of those names that seems to suit everything (male)

dylan_moran.jpg

Having said that I might change my mind if the numberplate inspires me to do so. Depends on what it is

Haha good try, but no cigar I'm afraid.

Brian was from Spaced 'ello Brian'. Just liked the idea of being able to say that when I was walking towards the car

marsha3.jpg

Diefenbaker is from an old show called 'Due South' (thank you kindly) hence the mourning of the lost Husky

cast.jpg

Dylan I've loved ever since I saw Dylan Moran Live: One of those names that seems to suit everything (male)

dylan_moran.jpg

Having said that I might change my mind if the numberplate inspires me to do so. Depends on what it is

I stand corrected. :) I thought I'd heard the name 'Diefenbaker' somewhere before. I used to watch 'Due South' many moons ago. (not sure if you remember the episodes where Leslie Nielsen appeared - classic stuff).

Mine's called Black Beauty.........(see gallery) I havnt shouted at it yet as I didn't want to get a little horse.............yeah ok.........ok........

I like Fiesta Rantzen...................

Fred the Red......................Overdraft................Fiestoon...............Red Dwarf 1.........

My current car is called "the quattro" as it's an old audi (from Ashes to ashes - "Raymundo, fire up the quattro"). It's not actually a quattro I just like the name. Lately it's been called the Panzer, as in german tank. It drinks like one and is as big and heavy as one.

For the new Fiesta, that will have to wait for a name, a bit like a new baby you wait till it's "delivered" first (see what I did there?)

Flic, whenever you talk about Fabio I always think Fabio and Grooverider - I think they're some useless drum and bass djs from Radio 1. You need a friend with a Fiesta called Grooverider, so you can take them both out! Or maybe not...

Mine's called Black Beauty.........(see gallery) I havnt shouted at it yet as I didn't want to get a little horse.............yeah ok.........ok........

I like Fiesta Rantzen...................

Fred the Red......................Overdraft................Fiestoon...............Red Dwarf 1.........

LOL ... like your style, (and sense of humour as bad as mine!) :D And some good ideas for my car there - something to think about.

You have to wait until you have had it a few weeks to get to know the personality of the car too - although Pea Pod is growing on me and I can get a suitable personal plate for it that I can keep when the Fiesta eventually does go

although , I wonder if I can get a 608LIN plate . . . .

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club