Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Alexp999's Mk3.5 Focus St-3 Ecoboost

alexp999

Nice car. I was seriously tempted to go for an ST3, but I would have needed the estate, which spoils the look. Good choice of colour, although I've seen dozens of Fords in DIB since ordering mine :S

I know, I saw a transit the other day in it.

But colour choice is pretty limited on the ST.

I do personally prefer DIB to the older spirit blue, even if it does appear on more vehicles now, lol.

I loved my old ink blue focus, really deep colour on that.

With the colours on offer for the Mondeo, it was going to be either Black or Deep Impact Blue. The Wife got the final vote :) Ink Blue is a lovely colour. There's a Mondeo ST up the road from me that is Ink Blue. Now that's a colour you don't see all the time.

I honestly reckon it's the most striking colour available on the Focus.

After Candy Red. ;)

And black!:lol:

With the colours on offer for the Mondeo, it was going to be either Black or Deep Impact Blue. The Wife got the final vote :) Ink Blue is a lovely colour. There's a Mondeo ST up the road from me that is Ink Blue. Now that's a colour you don't see all the time.

Imperial and Performance blue were nice colours too on the ST range.:)

• Like 1

True. My next door neighbour has a performance Blue ST Mondeo :)

• 1 month later...

Got a "committed" build date of next Tuesday (22nd Sept), with an ETA to the dealer of w/e 17th Oct.

Getting closer, just waiting for the VIN which SHOULD get assigned this week.

Oh and I found a nice (but short) vid of a 2015 ST3 in DIB, shows the repositioned SYNC logo inside too on the more recent cars.

http://youtu.be/EW5OX3664m8

Those front seats look excellent. Although they don't give the passengers in the rear much of a view looking forwards, not that I would care about that if I was the driver!

Stoney... Can't have them in red the shirts need them in deep impact blue for sure ;)

Welcome to the club Alex.... I've ordered same spec give or take, minus the assistance pack and Sony system. Ordered 3rd august, just got build date 16th October.... Delivery estimated beginning November....... I've exhausted all the youtube videos of all focus sts.... I WANT MINE NOW. To excited...

Anyways Welcome

• Like 1

I know what you mean, I check most days for newly uploaded YouTube videos for the Focus St, lol.

It's been a long wait since June and I still have at least a month to go but it is the waiting for build that's the killer. Once I have a VIN and it's gets built it will feel like the home straight :D

Another one I found from Germany (in English) of a DIB ST3:

• Like 1

Very nice. I know what you mean about the wait...it IS a killer, but that moment you collect it makes it worth while. I'm just over two weeks and 800 miles into my Mondeo Tit X so have started to 'open the taps' a bit. Crikey it shifts for a big ol barge!

:)

• Like 2

That guy helped me fall asleep last night.... Good little video/review of it but isn't he boring. Lol

My commited Build date is October 16th but my dealer says it could still change (sooner)

Jamie

All of you posting threads either about your new cars or awaiting them are giving me new car envy :( Just can't justify replacing what I have while it works and isn't costing me much though! For now I just look at Type R's, MX-5's, S40's and Focus ST's/Titanium X's on autotrader wistfully :lol:

• Like 1

That guy helped me fall asleep last night.... Good little video/review of it but isn't he boring. Lol

Not as boring as looking at the brochure again for the Nth time, lol.

I'm almost getting bored of my near daily ritual to hunt for more pics, info and vids, to pass the time. Haha.

Not as boring as looking at the brochure again for the Nth time, lol.

I'm almost getting bored of my near daily ritual to hunt for more pics, info and vids, to pass the time. Haha.

Aha. Very true, find myself every day checking autotrader for any new listings that might have that slightly different angle of a picture.

R well... 6-8 weeks n I'll hopefully have it for real :)

I've provisionally ordered an ST-3 in Stealth. I've not seen the colour in person yet so I may change my mind but the dealer says they have one in stock that I can have by end of October.

I'm tempted to downgrade to the ST-2 in Blue with a few extras though in hopes to save a bit of cash. If I don't like the grey then I definitely will.

My wife isn't too pleased at it. She says the seat isn't comfortable as a passenger as it makes your arms uncomfortable and that she wouldn't feel confident driving it. It is quite an upgrade from our 2013 Fiesta Zetec 1.0 EcoBoost to be fair, but I've gone for the diesel engine for the better MPG and a little less power to sway her a bit.

I just need to decide between a standard ST-3 in stealth, or the ST-2 in Blue with City Pack, Cruise Control and maybe Key Free system.

The seats have plenty of give in them and the adjustment range is excellent.

Definitely see Stealth in person, it's a colour that looks pants to start with but strangely grows on you but I reckon the Deep Impact Blue will win out.

• Like 1

The seats have plenty of give in them and the adjustment range is excellent.

Definitely see Stealth in person, it's a colour that looks pants to start with but strangely grows on you but I reckon the Deep Impact Blue will win out.

We've wanted a Blue since a few weeks after getting our Fiesta. It was our only regret. The blue is just so popular now and stand out quite a bit which isn't us. We like to be a little different and the colour name alone is well suited for me, just hiding in the background :P

Also the car is a pussycat around town but a BeaST on motorways.

I hope once she drives it she'll be fine. We're test driving on Sunday but unfortunately she can't as her license has been sent off for change of name! She'd only say she didn't like it anyway in an attempt to stop me spending money. She likes the Fiesta ST but doesn't seem to be put off by the reviews of the ride comfort.

Hopefully the test drive goes well on Sunday, then it's just a matter of waiting 4 weeks.

Anyone been tempted by the Mountune kits yet?

Hi Jon,

I looked at getting the st2 instead of 3 but by the time I added everything on I wanted that the st3 had as standard tbh the price was almost the same. And also the st2's seats really put me off. But then if us aren't bothered by auto wipers the 8inch touch screen navigation etc... Then I guess u probably can save some money.

The stealth grey does look good in the real world but only with grey or black wheels. The 19inch silvers I don't think go with it..... But as I said it's what u want of course.

You can also montune the diesel up too... I've heard there is a kit or is one coming???..., 220bhp. Keep it a secret from the wife though ;)

Here is some pictures of my stealth one, looks different colour in different lights!

post-61819-14425058308_thumb.jpg

post-61819-144250584406_thumb.jpg

post-61819-144250586983_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Noticed they are allowing you to pick Magnetic on the RS in the new pricelist out today in addition to Stealth.

Shame the US can have Magnetic STs but we can't.

Still I am quite looking forward to the blue. Bit different to all the black, silver and grey metallic german cars on the road.

I have actually gone off magnetic the more I have lived with it.

Nice but not wow.

Noticed they are allowing you to pick Magnetic on the RS in the new pricelist out today in addition to Stealth.

Shame the US can have Magnetic STs but we can't.

Still I am quite looking forward to the blue. Bit different to all the black, silver and grey metallic german cars on the road.

I have actually gone off magnetic the more I have lived with it.

Nice but not wow.

Saw the RS price list yesterday, looks pretty fair but I'd want all the options :(

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club