Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Alexp999's Mk3.5 Focus St-3 Ecoboost

alexp999

Finished hard wiring in my dashcam today, so now it comes on and off with the ignition.

I ended up using fuse 87 (heated steering) on mine in the end as it is the last fuse fitted on the row so the tap won't block any others.

Some scuffed knuckles but it's all gone away neatly, the hardest part was actually finding something to secure the wire bunches and 12v socket on to.

• Like 4

Just read through the thread. Absolutely beautiful car. Look forward to seeing any more mods you have in mind.

• Like 1

Some better footage from my dashcam with CPL filter now too. Some nice growls and I didn't even take it over 4k :D

• Like 3

I actually watched all that lol, you drive just like me (compliment there I think).

Bit disappointed with the exposure blowing out the sky and brighter bits,

Has your dashcam got a HDR mode? I'd highly recommend it, it's on the Mobius which has excellent footage.

• Like 1

I had to mute out a few secs of audio while stuck behind the bus.... lol....

I've reported the over exposure to the manufacturer, they have given me a BETA firmware to try.

I think it is difficult with the winter sun, but I have tried to set it up as they suggested, 40% sky, 60% road/car.

I had to mute out a few secs of audio while stuck behind the bus.... lol....

I must admit I was wishing they would get out of the way so you could put your foot down lol

I've reported the over exposure to the manufacturer, they have given me a BETA firmware to try.

I think it is difficult with the winter sun, but I have tried to set it up as they suggested, 40% sky, 60% road/car.

Unless it has a HDR Mode then every camera will fail to expose for both light & dark areas,

I was so impressed with my Phones HDR Images (LG G4) while in Cornwall last year I stopped carrying around my DSLR.

• 3 weeks later...

Hallo Alex, from what page did you exactly bought SG9665GC ? Thanks for providing a link :)

I do like the sound symposer on this car :D

• Like 2

I agree.

Far better than the mechanical one fitted to the mk3 ST.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I put together a vid showing some night footage of the bi-xenons with auto high beam - my first proper trip out on country roads at night to see them in action. Really impressed.

The last 20-30s shows it off quite nicely together with the static cornering lights too. (if you don't see it in HD give it a bit longer, still processing at time of posting).

• Like 1

That engine...:cool:

Seems the auto beam works rather well, dad's new car has it but people say it's terrible! Will have to try it out...

I didn't take any during the install. I can take some more if there is anything you want to see in particular.

If you don't mind, I'd like to see pics of it in situ, showing location in respect to headlining and mirror cluster.

• 2 months later...

Just ordered something for my ST...

It has two holes and should sound awesome :D

• Like 1

Dirty bird...

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

I've been told it will sound better with use too.

Wait that's not helping is it.....

On 2/5/2016 at 6:01 PM, alexp999 said:

I do like the sound symposer on this car :D

that orange mitsubishi FTO at the end of the clip was just asking to get smoked.........

;-)

and you smoked him did you wicked exhaust sound

:rockon:

• 2 weeks later...

My exhaust has arrived at the dealers :D

Had a quick look at lunch time, looks awesome. The tips are just about "fistable", haha.

Only thing is, I have to wait 2 weeks as they (and I) would rather the cheif tech/mech does it and he is busy or off until 9th June.

I'd rather wait and it is done well though. Plus I have got them to order an extra exhaust hangar as the new exhaust supports 4, but Ford only fit 3 on the Mk 3.5 (that saved them a few pence I guess, lol).

• Like 1

Just read through this entire thread and can honestly say the ST is so much better than I use to think it was and I love the colour, We were supposed to have it on our Fiesta but it had already gone to someone else :( Glad your enjoying your car and maybe one day I'll try and join the club too :)

Just edited to say I really like your driving, much better than most people who think they own the road with a performance oriented car although 80% of the time it's usually corsas with aftermarket exhausts.

• Like 2

One week to go...

Added the exhaust on to my policy from next Thurs, no additional premium.

Also got a quote for the mountune induction kit and no additional premium for that either :D

I keep watching/listening to vids of the exhaust, me wants it. It's hard knowing it's just sat in a box at the garage about 5 mins from me, that I drive past everyday, lol.

what exhaust you having?

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club