Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Led Sidelights On Mk2.5

mitch84

Hi

I just got some Osram led lights for my mk2.5 sidelights, I had these nasty looking blue tinted bulbs before which hardly gave out any light, and as you guys know the sidelights on the focus are situated on the top corner of the focus and depending on bulbs can be quite poor for light output.

I got the following which are an excellent match for my dipped beam (Osram nightbreakers plus) but the leds below are stated for interior only, I read around and its such a grey area on weather led lights (exterior use) are road legal?

http://www.powerbulbs.com/product/w5w-led-driving-4000k-warm-white-twin

Has anyone else got these and have fitted them or similar to their sidelights, just want to be sure I'm driving road legal even though the lights I got are exterior use only, Im guessing its just Osram manufacturer advice and that led lights (sidelights) are ok for road use due to many new cars using led now.

thanks

Have had LED's in all bulbs except dip/main on my landrover for at least 6 MOT's now with no problems at all

All of the bulbs in my Focus apart from dip/main are now LED as well, but no MOT due for another year

I've always had LED's as sidelights, they passed an MOT also so shouldn't be any problems! As long as they don't go any further than "white" on the spectrum

possible to have LED headlights????

• 2 weeks later...

I don't think so. I've looked into it before and from what I saw LEDs are very bright, but are useless in terms of projecting a beam. Could be wrong though

LED headlamps do exist and are getting better, but still not up to bulb standard. There are 2 types, the mid range 2500 lumns have no cooling and the 5000 lumens have built in fans.

Having said that I drove off in the dark in the countryside the other night the day after my car service. Was thinking "its really dark tonight", then my full beam wouldn't stay on when I let go of the stalk. After about 10 mins realised that the dealers had turned my headlamps to park lights only and I was driving only on my LED sidelghts, then I realised how bright they must be if its not immediately obvious that my dips were not on

watch this space then within the next year I say! bye bye xenon's hello LED headlights....

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club