- - - - -

Pink is here!!

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#16 alexavfc123

alexavfc123

• PipPip
  • 27 posts
  • Ford Model: Fiesta MK7 Z-S (awaiting delivery)
Posted 01 September 2009 - 10:12 PM

How much did all the extra work that you are having done set you back?

Very nice btw

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#17 Silent Shark

Silent Shark

Feet Under The Table

• PipPipPipPip
  • 131 posts
  • Ford Model: Fiesta 1.6 Titanium 3dr (not pictured)
Posted 01 September 2009 - 10:41 PM

i domt let ne one drive my demo unless i really have to hahahaha im to mean!

Totally the opposite to my dealer then! I hadn't even walked into the showroom before someone asked if they could help me. I said I wanted to test drive a Fiesta 1.6 Titanium. I was walked from one end of the showroom to the other, where I shook hands with another guy, who promptly left to bring the car round to the front. It probably took all of 2 minutes from getting out of my car to getting into the Fiesta! :lol:

I was expecting (being relatively young at 23 and all) some rigourous checks of my drivers licence, questions about my driving history (acciedents etc.) and so on. Nope, Nothing. I could have been a loony with no licence, but they never checked. They must have been desperate for a sale! (They even tried to sell me the demo car, but it was the wrong colour, too many doors and no tech pack :P )

P.S. Lovely car! I'm jealous.

#18 Ronnie Roberts

Ronnie Roberts

Feet Under The Table

• PipPipPipPip
  • 277 posts
  • Ford Model: Fiesta 1.6 TDCI Titanium 3Dr Hot Magenta
Posted 02 September 2009 - 07:23 AM

we have loads of fiestas (mostly 2nd hand) so always try and get customer out in what they want to buy..

demo is a 1.6 tdci titanium so only a small number ever wanted to drive it, most were 1.25 and 1.4 petrols or 1.4 tdci :)

as for test driving never even look at license! unless cars going out for 2-3hrs then we take a copy...

at the end of the day no point driving a 1.6tdci if u want a 1.4 zetec petrol and vice versa! all drive different

#19 paulworthing

paulworthing

Ford Enthusiast

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,883 posts
  • Ford Model: Titanium S

Posted 02 September 2009 - 07:36 AM

My dealer said that they can't get enough 1.6 TDCI's in to meet demand so they never had a demo with that engine - and the Ti VCT were even rarer!

#20 Andy09

Andy09

Feet Under The Table

• PipPipPipPip
  • 119 posts
  • Ford Model: Fiesta Mk7
Posted 02 September 2009 - 07:41 AM

at the end of the day no point driving a 1.6tdci if u want a 1.4 zetec petrol and vice versa! all drive different

I test drove a 1.6 tdci titanium and bought a 1.4 petrol titanium. But my test was more to see what the car felt like, obviously the engine was going to be different.

#21 MichellefromEssex

MichellefromEssex

Too much time on the boards

• PipPipPipPip
  • 898 posts
  • Ford Model: Zetec S Mountune
Posted 02 September 2009 - 07:42 AM

Very nice car hun.

The demo we test drove was a zetec s diesel.

#22 ChrisZetecS

ChrisZetecS

Feet Under The Table

• PipPipPipPip
  • 312 posts
  • Ford Model: Mk7 Fiesta Zetec S TDCi

Posted 02 September 2009 - 05:44 PM

The demo I drove was a ZS Ti-VCT, but this was on December 1st (I think) at a small Ford dealership on Anglesey (Island that sticks off the top of Wales :lol:)
My local Evans Halshaw currently has a car identical to mine (but with the 1.6 TDCi engine instead) as their current demo/managers transportation :lol: among other cars..

#23 aph1101

aph1101

Local Rep: Cambridgeshire and Rutland

• PipPipPipPip
  • 675 posts
  • Ford Model: 1.6TDCi Fiesta Titanium

Posted 02 September 2009 - 06:39 PM

That's a great looking car you've got there. Love the alloys :)

Never managed to find a 1.6tdci demo, so ending up buying it having only driven a 1.4 petrol... oh well :P

#24 Ronnie Roberts

Ronnie Roberts

Feet Under The Table

• PipPipPipPip
  • 277 posts
Posted 02 September 2009 - 08:56 PM

least ul have a plesent surprise when you do get it, aint actually got it yet.. still in workshops! pioneer upgrades took !Removed! most the day to have fitted! the eibachs are getting done tmw :(

side skirt needs refitted as its comming away in the middle! other than that the cars perfect :)

#25 welshie_miles

welshie_miles

Area Rep: East

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 174 posts
  • Ford Model: 1.6 TDCI
Posted 03 September 2009 - 08:19 AM

least ul have a plesent surprise when you do get it, aint actually got it yet.. still in workshops! pioneer upgrades took !Removed! most the day to have fitted! the eibachs are getting done tmw :(

side skirt needs refitted as its comming away in the middle! other than that the cars perfect :)

What pioneer upgrades are you getting, and where from? I'd quite like BOSE or similar speakers, though I've only briefly heard the factory ones...

#26 paulworthing

paulworthing

Ford Enthusiast

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,883 posts
  • Ford Model: Titanium S

Posted 03 September 2009 - 08:30 AM

I hired a 1.4 Zetec for a weekend as we needed the extra seats over what we had in the Smart and that was what decided me on the new Fiesta.

TBH I think, if you are thinking about changing your car, and you can get it, that for the 50 for a weekend, it is well worth hiring a car out as it means you get a decent road test. I did all types of driving in mine including a 200 mile round trip to north London. (I did the same thing with a corsa a few months later . . . . what a hateful little ugly car that is!)

#27 FezzaT

FezzaT

Settling In Well

• PipPipPip
  • 90 posts
  • Ford Model: Fiesta Titanium

Posted 03 September 2009 - 08:37 AM

I hired a 1.4 Zetec for a weekend as we needed the extra seats over what we had in the Smart and that was what decided me on the new Fiesta.

TBH I think, if you are thinking about changing your car, and you can get it, that for the 50 for a weekend, it is well worth hiring a car out as it means you get a decent road test. I did all types of driving in mine including a 200 mile round trip to north London. (I did the same thing with a corsa a few months later . . . . what a hateful little ugly car that is!)

I did the same thing, hired for a week and completely loved the car - the new generation corsa and clio don't even come close

#28 Ronnie Roberts

Ronnie Roberts

Feet Under The Table

• PipPipPipPip
  • 277 posts
Posted 03 September 2009 - 10:13 AM

What pioneer upgrades are you getting, and where from? I'd quite like BOSE or similar speakers, though I've only briefly heard the factory ones...

Pioneer do a full range of ford approved speakers which are available through ford dealerships.... you need to buy fitting kits aswell but there not badly priced....

fitting is probably the same as the speakers tbh!

Mk7 Front TS-H 1703 - 1479486
Mk7 Front adapters - 1479484
Mk7 Rear TS-G 1703i - 1595406
Mk7 Rear adapters - 1479484
TS-WX 11A 6x9 Active sub - 1479493
TS-Wx77A 200W Sub - 1595395

cant remember the costs sorry :(

had a problem with my eibachs so no car till tmw now :(

#29 BigFordFan

BigFordFan

• PipPip
  • 19 posts
  • Ford Model: Fiesta
Posted 03 September 2009 - 11:51 AM

Just of transporter! so no plates etc and needs cleaned! get better pics tmw

Posted Image

Posted Image

Finally i got to see how a Titanium with the sports kit looks like in Hot Magenta - looks great :-) Congrats and i hope you enjoy it!

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users