Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Focus Tdci Speedo Problem

chrisjbooth

Hello

Yesterday I got in my car to drive home and the speedo did not move from 0. The rest of the gauges worked and my mileage was displayed although it didn't count up.

This morning I've done a gauge check and they all work correctly. Driving down the road looking at both the analogue display and the digital display in the test mode my speedo seems to be stuck on 0, but then trying to work, then back to 0. It's bizarre!

I've read a lot about vehicle speed sensor but have a feeling this may be an ABS sensor that gives the speed on this model.

It's a Focus TDCI 2003.

Any suggestions as I'm convinced it's the sensor sending the speed rather than the cluster.

No other issues with the car.

Thank you

speed sensor is in the gearbox on that year you should see two wires coming out of the

sensor at the back of the gear box looks like this https://www.fordpartsuk.com/shop/ford_focus-vehicle_speed_sensor_for_b5ib5_gearbox_f_1087548_c_104.htm

Does the diesel have a speed sensor as most of the ones I've found say petrol models?

not sure look down left side of engine bay near were the driveshaft comes out

there should be two wires

My car does have ABS, if it does get the speed from the ABS sensor, is it just one of them or all four?

Not had chance to get under the car and check if it has a speed sensor yet.

All focus MK1/MK1.5 petrol and diesel versions do have a vehicle speed sensor on the gearbox.

The vehicle speed being calculated by the brake control module was never used on the focus MK1 / MK1.5. This is only used on the Focus MK2 and onwards

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club