Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Best Polish / Repair Job?

Wayney

hey guys

i just purchased a Ford Focus 2001 in Panther Black. Overall the body is clean for its age, however just a few scratches and blemishes which i would like to try and get out if i can without the need for a respray!

Ive atached some pictures, any advice on whats best to use would be appreciated :D

19744911922_30c8a3fb78_k.jpgscratch 2 by Wayne Bottoms,

19564129070_e539ed10cf_k.jpgscratch1 by Wayne Bottoms,

sorry for the poor quality!

The top picture shows water etching. this is caused when the car is left in the sun and the paintwork heats up, then somebody sprays hold water onto it or it rains. A machine polish will 100% remove them, a hand polish might remove the lightest.

The bottom picture shows some quick severe scrapes, which just from looking I'd say look like theyve breached the basecoat in places. The light scratches will come out, the deeper ones showing primer will not

I charge customers £15 per panel for light scratch removal, but then after seeing the difference go for a whole car valet, polish & detail. I charge around 110.

The prices of the above vary dependant on where you go & what service you choose

• 2 weeks later...

The top picture shows water etching. this is caused when the car is left in the sun and the paintwork heats up, then somebody sprays hold water onto it or it rains. A machine polish will 100% remove them, a hand polish might remove the lightest.

The bottom picture shows some quick severe scrapes, which just from looking I'd say look like theyve breached the basecoat in places. The light scratches will come out, the deeper ones showing primer will not

I charge customers £15 per panel for light scratch removal, but then after seeing the difference go for a whole car valet, polish & detail. I charge around 110.

The prices of the above vary dependant on where you go & what service you choose

I so wish you were near me! I would love to have someone do a proper polish job, but the cost around here is madness!

I so wish you were near me! I would love to have someone do a proper polish job, but the cost around here is madness!

If I could get a few other cars around your area then I wouldnt mind travelling :p

I used some G3 by hand. Its tidied it up a lot for now. Will look at getting a polisher in the near future..

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club