Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fiesta Debadge

JT_Fiesta02

Hey guys! About to debadge my car tomorrow! Just doing the "fiesta" and "zetec" anybody got tips for a clean finish and also tips for doing it?

Heat it up as much as possible without damaging the paint. slide a credit card or similar behind it and remove the badges.

Then use some tar and glue remover to remove the remaining adhesive.

Depending on how well the cars been cared for. you may need to polish the area with an abrasive polish/machine polish to remove the outline of the letters

I don't have much money at the moment so I'll explain what I am going to do and then help with what I'm doing wrong! I was going to use a heat gun and heat it up without damaging paint! Was then going to use dental floss to take off the letters! Then use a heat gun to heat up the left over adhesive and then a microfiber cloth to take it away as much as possible! I don't know if u should use the glue remover because the guy on this YouTube I'm watching says it can damage the paint! My car is black so I'm not sure how bad the shadow will be?

I also don't have polish at the moment

Thats a good plan tbf mate, tar remover designed for cars?.. on a modern car it won't damage your paint work. simply apply, leave for a few seconds and then remove. I wouldn't use a microfiber without tar remover on hot adhesive as it'll simply leave a mess

Have you done it to your car? I just don't want it to look bad when I've done it cause no going back haha! And where could I pick that up then?

I have removed the "flame" badge.

I can supply tar remover for £7 for 500ml. That's a 50p saving from RRP

I wouldn't be able to get it by tomorrow though? I'm doing it tomorrow because that's the only chance I can borrow my friends heat gun for a bit

Halfords probably sell autoglym stuff. You're around 7 hours away from me otherwise I'd drop it off!

Haha yeah I'm so much further from everyone on this forum that interacts commonly! I'll pop into Halfords tomorrow! What am I looking for and I'll check on the website just now! And also is it better to wash the car after I've done it!

Wash it afterwards, that way you make sure there's no residue from the tar remover left on the paintwork

You're looking for tar and glue remover

Autoglym intensive tar remover 325ml? Is that it??

Yeah that's the stuff

Yeah I might get that but my dad says he has some really expensive good stuff in the shed so Im gonna use that!! It took the sticky stuff off the front of my car when I had my L plates on and it wouldn't come off in washes

If you've already got some then use that. I don't think much to the autoglym stuff.. it's too weak. Hence why I shifted over to inspired automotive

I suggested autoglym cause it's widely available :)

Ah right! Yeah they have really good reviews on Halfords site as well! So this is the new plan! Tell me if it's alright! Gonna go to my friends! Use the heat gun on the letters! Take them off using something that my dad is going to give me or floss! Heat the adhesive and peel as much off as I can! Drive home (17 miles) and use the stuff he has! Then wash my car? Sound alright or anything I need to change?

Sounds alright to be fair... Its really not too difficult to do

Yeah I'm just stressing Because I don't wanna wreck the car haha! I'm sure it will be okay! Do you know anyone with mudflaps too or you got them!?

It took me around 10 minutes to do one side. I did it a few months ago.. I've only just got round to machine ppolishing the mark out

My girlfriends sister has Ford mudflaps on her mk6.. they're rubbish in my opinion, even more rubbish when you look at the price

Ah that's not bad then! Has the mark came out?? Yeah I was thinking bout rally ones but they are so expensive! Not sure what im doing yet though!

Yeah with a single light pass. it's only a slight Mark :). Came out easier than most swirl marks and they run away at the sight of a polisher! Haha

That's good then! Dad has one in attic I think so will probably get that down some point! Gonna have a wee look in the scrappys tomorrow too I think! See if I can find an st sitting there still with a spoiler and both bumpers undamaged ahah

That's good then! Dad has one in attic I think so will probably get that down some point! Gonna have a wee look in the scrappys tomorrow too I think! See if I can find an st sitting there still with a spoiler and both bumpers undamaged ahah

Don't attempt it with a £20 Halfords jobby... You'd be safer to hand polish it to be fair! If you've got a good one then fair enough! I used a medium cut hexlogic pad with Menzerna SF2200 (think it was sf.. can't remember)

Yeah I'm not sure what he's got but I'll hand polish it first anyways! That's what I did before! I'll look into it if it does a bad job! I'll probably post a picture on the forum but if not there will most definitely be one on my instagram @jonnythomson97 if you wanna check it out! Usually put up photos whenever I do something to her but havent put one up in a while!

This is what it came out like! Think it's been a pretty good job! That's without the glue remover just now as it started to rain

post-63259-143802225149_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club