Do Not Sell My Personal Information

headlight condensation

kikey

hi i have just noticed tonight the the drivers side head light has got condensation in it is there anyway to dry it out or is it a new unit requried thanks mike

what you have to do is leave the cap off till its really warm so it evapourates the the water, then replace the cap, or what some people do is use a heat gun to heats up the light cluster then replace the cap as if you wit for good weather you could be waiting a long time lol. hope it helps.

Put some tin foil on the light and leave it on for a minute or two. Will get fairly hot fairly quickly.

Don't leave it on for any longer as it will end up cracking the glass or if its plastic, melt

• 4 weeks later...
thanks for all the help will giv it a try

Hi, I've had this problem myself and what I done was put a silica gel sachet http://fesmoving.vn/index_files/silica_gel.jpg (used in packaging) into the headlight. This gradually evaporated the moisture inside the headlight. Also make sure the cap on the headlight is firmly closed and has a good seal around it.