Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fiesta Red Edition - Tinted Rear Windows?

Vamosdan

Hi guys, I got a deal on a new fiesta red edition which I will be picking up either this week or next.

Been looking through the forums for some slight mods which I'd like to do and have ordered the footwell led's and also the climair wind deflectors

One thing I noticed on my red edition are that the rear windows and tailgate window are not tinted

Has anyone had this done on their red edition ? If so what's the percentage I need to go with to make it look good? If anyone has any examples it would be greatly appreciated, I think it looks a lot better with the rears tinted

Also any recommendations for window tinters in the Essex area? Cheers guys

the guy that fitted mine was the same guy that the ford dealer recommended. it cost £100 for both sie windows & the back. they will ask you legal or not legal. I went just the wrong side of legal but they look great & I`ve not been pulled yet, he says touching wood :)

the guy that fitted mine was the same guy that the ford dealer recommended. it cost £100 for both sie windows & the back. they will ask you legal or not legal. I went just the wrong side of legal but they look great & I`ve not been pulled yet, he says touching wood :)

There's no legal limit for the rear 3 windows.

• Like 3

took words out my mouth Mark

There's no legal limit for the rear 3 windows.

I was going to say the same yes. you could have all 3 rear windows blacked out completely and you wouldn't get pulled over for it (think van) but aslong as the front let in 70% you're fine.

Mines the same front and rear, apparently the Titanium 3dr models came out with the tinted windows in SA and they are dark enough for onlookers not to see me waving at them, took me a while to figure this out, really help with keeping out the sun in our part of the world

post-52935-0-51420500-1396859483_thumb.j

Mines the same front and rear, apparently the Titanium 3dr models came out with the tinted windows in SA and they are dark enough for onlookers not to see me waving at them, took me a while to figure this out, really help with keeping out the sun in our part of the world

They do look so much better with all the windows tinted (obviously not the windscreen) other countries are ok with not sure if they notice an increase in accidents due to them, I think ours are illegal due to not being able to see the driver more than not being able to see out (IMO).

When the Arabs bring there cars over to London their cars have really dark tint and the police don't bat an eyelid, I was outside the Dorchester hotel looking at the supercars there when a G wagon pulled in, I couldn't see the driver through the windscreen as the tinting was so dark.

If you do get your windows tinted make sure you inform your insurance company of this as if you have an accident they will look for any excuse not to pay out.

• 2 weeks later...

We do have laws governing the amount of tint allowed and mine surely must be on that limit, but in all honesty I am very happy with it especially summer time when I can feel a massive difference between mine and a stand one that doesn't reflect the burning suns rays.

The cops normally have a problem with you not being able to see outside, but I have no problem seeing outside

Laws in S.A. ? ! ! :)

Not much evidence of that when I was there :)

From the above posts I asume that this is a film which goes on the inside of the glass. If so would it interfere with the rear screen heating elements ?

1/ Yes it normally does - although there is a spray on tint - most tints are film

2/ No it doesn't affect HRS

The film they use for tinting is thermally stable, In fact they use heat guns to fit it.

UK laws say windscreen must allow 75% light through and front side windows must allow 70%.

You could paint rear windows with black gloss if you so choose as there is no legal limit on that.

The above is correct for vehicles first used 01/04/1985 or later :)

• Like 1

The above is correct for vehicles first used 01/04/1985 or later :)

Indeed it is.

Prior to that date it's at least 70% through windscreen & front side windows

• Like 1

O they are there, unless you into politics, than the law doesn't count for you :P

I was surprized myself when I first saw the vehicle with the amount of tint, but sins Ford sold the vehicle as is and I have the necessary legal licenses saying everything is in order, I won't be complaining, most of the companies tend to use 3M products around here

Hi guys, I got a deal on a new fiesta red edition which I will be picking up either this week or next.

Been looking through the forums for some slight mods which I'd like to do and have ordered the footwell led's and also the climair wind deflectors

One thing I noticed on my red edition are that the rear windows and tailgate window are not tinted

Has anyone had this done on their red edition ? If so what's the percentage I need to go with to make it look good? If anyone has any examples it would be greatly appreciated, I think it looks a lot better with the rears tinted

Also any recommendations for window tinters in the Essex area? Cheers guys

Just out of interest what deal did you get for your Fiesta, if you dont mind me asking? I pick mine up in September on the new plate

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club