Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Titanium X Sports Body Kit

jcs95whufc

HI Everyone,

sorry if this has been asked before but I couldn't find the post!

I was wondering if I bought the titanium X Focus, would the service/ parts department be able to put the Zetec S or St body kit on it? I want the Ambient lighting, Xenon lights etc... cant afford the ST on insurance before anyone asks lol.

if its possible, anyone know how much this would cost?

many thanks!

Yes it is possible, if you get ford to do it, it will probably cost about £1500.

EDIT:

Oh and don't forget the additional cost to your insurance premium when you tell them you have fitted the body kit.

Shouldn't change insurance dramatically though right?

Its a real pain, I understand xenons aren't all that and some people do prefer reflector lights instead, but ford cant even give you the option of upgrading your lights like pretty much EVERY other car manufacturer. Even additional extras like ambient lighting etc... is for one model. crazy

Ford have a bit of a different system, they wrap up most of the options in extra trim levels.

Other manufacturers only have 1 or 2 trim levels but a ton of options.

You can always ask your insurance how much a body kit affects the premium. Some will even cover you at no additional charge, but on a back to factory basis. So your car is covered but they will not pay for repairs to the body kit.

Thanks for you help Alex. Is there much of an insurance difference from say the Zetec S to the Titanium X would you know?

My Zetec S is cheaper than the Titanium X I had previously to insure.

But it is also influenced by what engine you pick and your age. I'm 26 now and have got quotes on an ST that are only £50-100 odd more than my Zetec S.

So best bet is to pick a car on autotrader that is like what you want and get a quote from your insurer for the change, with and without the body kit.

Just tell them you are looking at changing the car and need to know how the insurance is affected, as it will influence your decision on what you'll get.

thanks alex. im trying to copy and paste a url from eBay in to the text but wont and don't know how to do it...a little help please lol.....

Not sure I can really help with that.

Shouldn't be anything stopping you copy and pasting on here.

Sounds like a browser issue if anything...

damn. well okay, anyway I have found on eBay if you searched "ford focus zetec S 5 door hatchback 2012 - 2015 digital display unit" £65 something would come up lol. its the lcd colour display, the screen....wondering if it would fit my mk3 focus zetec s I have the normall old school blue screen in mine

It may work, but when I tried switching screens in my Fiesta, the newer one wouldn't even power up.

oops ....are the screens the same size? possible size problem with the surrounding casing?

I think the blue screen is a bit smaller, no idea if the shroud is made to accommodate all sizes or would need changing too...

Most dials used in modern cars are coded to the ecu, I looked at changing my 2006 St dials to the 2008 dials but would need to have ford recode the ecu but still might not work as the 2 dials may use a different code like when u have bitmap and JPEG image. The stereo part may be different as u can buy the nav systems with bigger screens online to replace the standard ford stereo.

cheers, I still am no wiser lol. I have emailed the seller -

On insurance it depends I was on a standard policy and it went up £400 however now I'm on a modified car policy it only went up £50 I'd say go on a modified car policy with Adrian flux

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club