Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ford Parts Or Non Oem

jdsheff

Hi guys, it's been awhile since I last posted.

Anyways i think iv got a faulty tensioner in my timing kit.

it's a Ford Focus 1.8tdci 07 plate.

Timing belt and tensioner was changed in March (around 51,000 miles ago). But since iv moved house it's too difficult to get the car back where it was replaced. It was a Dayco kit.

I know this because I asked for the old one back and came in that box.

On tick over when engine has been used it's making a wobbling slight rumbling noise and I'm 90% sure it's coming from behind the cam cover but more evident in the cabin.

Iv asked afew mechanics but fail to see what I mean. One took the Aux belt off and said all them pulleys seem fine.

Now I'm going to purchased a new timing kit but pay the labour to the garage who will fit it.

What makes/ manufacturer is good and reliable. Is it Gates? Or should I stick with Ford genuine parts?

Ford part is around £60-£70. Gates is £35

Cheers guys.

Ford make very few of their own parts . . Dayco make & supply parts to Ford & Gates are world class manufacturers

As Mark said, Gates and Dayco are used as original equipment from the factory on many cars.

Personally i always use Gates kits.

• Like 1

Cheers for the reply guys. Il purchase a gates kit. Iv heard alot of good things about them. Spot on!

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club