Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Direnza Hoses...

michaelhayler17

Hi all, i have a split coolant hose and thought it must be time to upgrade to silicone jobies. After a root around i found that almost no where does silicone hoses for my car. I have a 1.8 mk2 pre facelift and asking around finding anything for this car is like trying to buy chicken lips! But after almost giving up i found this kit. All it said was focus 00+ 1.8 & 2.0

Now very suspect of these being any good i just went on the pictures and they did LOOK like the majority of the hoses in my car. So like a mug i have ordered em, after all my car is leaking so i need sumit to replace anyway.

I have now just recieved a invoice where the part is listed as 2.0 02-04 hose kit... Very unimpressed.

But to the point has anyone ever heard of this lot? Has anyone bought stuff from them? Did it fit/work? And after you found out they sent you the wrong stuff, how easy was it to send back!?

And replys welcome, thanks.

P.S, after all this, if ive posted this in the wrong place im gonna just leave lol!!

post-52426-143816437876_thumb.jpg

post-52426-143816440524_thumb.jpg

I have since had an e-mail from there team (as i did ask if it would fit on my car) saying i would recieve EXCATLY what is pictured. This is reassuring as i said the hoses do look the same as mine. Just a wait and see now.

if that's the kit then its definitely wrong. i had to replace a t-pipe just to the driver side of the radiator (under the power steering reservoir) and that part is not shown in the picture.

how many pipes are leaking?

I know there are plenty of silicone sets for the inter-cooler pipes, but not seen any coolant ones that fit the 1.8 tdci

... balls. Did u have to replace any others?

nope thankfully that was the only one that was leaking, just replaced that T-pipe and the radiator cap and its been fine since

wouldnt worry about it tbh they aernt prone to splitting or anything since theres not as much pressure as there is in the intercooler pipes

And i only have one that was split on a joint by the EGR valve but its not a diesel its the petrol car i have.

As far as I can see this Direnza hose kit is for the 1.8/2.0 Zetec E Petrol engine of the focus MK1/MK1.5.

As far as I can see this Direnza hose kit is for the 1.8/2.0 Zetec E Petrol engine of the focus MK1/MK1.5.

i did think primarily it was for the mk1.5 which means despite looking like the would fit the reality is they wont.

Well colour my surprised, they've not only turned up but after offering them up into place on the car they "appear" to fit! Happy days! Only problem is (to the observent few out there) as the hoses only come in blue, its gonna clash horribly with my silver red n black theme... back to the OCD drawing board on this one.

post-52426-143826112745_thumb.jpg

Well colour my surprised, they've not only turned up but after offering them up into place on the car they "appear" to fit! Happy days! Only problem is (to the observent few out there) as the hoses only come in blue, its gonna clash horribly with my silver red n black theme... back to the OCD drawing board on this one.

Just get them spray painted glossy red? :D

• Like 1

Good shout, is that do-able? It wont flake of or sumit will it?

Good shout, is that do-able? It wont flake of or sumit will it?

Shouldn't do as long as its primed and you're using heat resistant paint.

Quality! I was reluctant to think that, might give it ago, but a good oppertunity to try sumit new...

• 1 month later...

Well they're all in except the hose under the manifold, but i'll change that one at a later date.

They were easy to fit, only two problems. The skinny pipe that goes to the EGR valve was stupidly too small, and didn't have a 'lip' like the others to make it fit nicely, took a days worth of "persuation" to make it fit eventually. Not impressed.

The second was weird, the long hose that goes from the header tank all along the front of the car, under air filter and to the back of the EGR was in two pieces, but didnt come with a connector for the two. Very strange it didnt come with it but easily sorted as the 12mm bit was only £2.99, but after spendin £140 odd in the first place surely it could have been included.

Oh well, its all done now, no leaks looks good and is just what i hoped for (in the end)

post-52426-144336607271_thumb.jpg

post-52426-14433660867_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Given it is intended for the mk1/1.5, the bits that didn't fit properly or were in two pieces may have to fit different parts for that car?

Looks good though, even if it does clash slightly with the red? The OCD in me doesn't like the mass of black in the middle of the bay though, get some colour in there :P

Quite possibly the right answer, although im very impressed at how two totally different engines can b so similar!!

I agree hole-heartedly with the colour part, the crank cover shall b silver (sooner rather than later i hope) and the red is bein replaced ASAP!!

... until then, this will have to do, once its "touched up"

post-52426-144337258614_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Want me to have a look at the 1.8 petrol in my mk1 focus to see if that long pipe joins something?

• Like 1

If u could that would b famtastic! Would really put my mind at rest then, cant understand why its like that...

If u could that would b famtastic! Would really put my mind at rest then, cant understand why its like that...

No problem, will have to try to remember to do it now! My car doesn't have air con equipped whether that would make a difference or not?

I wouldnt have thought so, but not sure without lookin at it, im tryin to remember the layout.

Had a look this afternoon. Couldn't see any long hoses with a join in them I'm afraid. Certainly not the one that leads to what I'm 98% sure is the EGR valve. Sorry!

• Like 1

Thank You ever so much for lookin!! The mystery continues lol!! :)

Forgot to mention last night. The pipe didn't go under the air inlet or anything either. Doubt that makes a difference to why yours has a join or not. But worth mentioning.

Not problem, gave me a chance to have another look at the 02 sensor that needs replacing, and the huge amounts of rust covering the water pump :unsure:

That doesnt sound healthy! Is there a leak that u can see or not?

Worth takin note actually, cause if it does on mine, how would it do it on ur engine if it really is a kit for that?

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club