18 replies to this topic

#1 johnnymac16

johnnymac16

Feet Under The Table

• PipPipPipPip
  • 370 posts
  • Ford Model: Fiesta Titanium X

Posted 02 September 2009 - 11:57 AM

Our 58 reg fiesta's are due for a 1st year service soon, one being in 3 weeks and mine due in november.

Just wondering how much to expect to pay for a full ford service?

I have also just renewed my car insurance, and my insurance company says they can service my ford fiesta without affecting the ford warranty. They have quoted me 120 full service with collection and delivery back to my home and full valet.

This seems like a good price!

Let me know what you think?

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#2 ChrisZetecS

ChrisZetecS

Feet Under The Table

• PipPipPipPip
  • 312 posts
  • Ford Model: Mk7 Fiesta Zetec S TDCi

Posted 02 September 2009 - 12:00 PM

I had mine done a few months back, cost 147, I had to drop the car off at Ford and collect it, and they did not valet it.
So the insurance company seems to be offering a better deal.
To keep your warranty valid though they will have to use genuine Ford parts etc..

#3 johnnymac16

johnnymac16

Feet Under The Table

• PipPipPipPip
  • 370 posts

Posted 02 September 2009 - 12:03 PM

Is that the price across the whole of ford uk?

#4 MichellefromEssex

MichellefromEssex

Too much time on the boards

• PipPipPipPip
  • 898 posts
  • Ford Model: Zetec S Mountune
Posted 02 September 2009 - 02:02 PM

There is a sign up in our dealership offereing the two service rates for different models and I am sure for the full service on our cars its around 145 mark. I remember looking and thinking that it was well under half the price our Mercedes used to cost us lol. If they do valet the car watch out for how they clean your bodywork considering you have a black car, wouldnt want to end up with swirls where some kid has put a nice rag in the bucket with a grain of grit on it!!!

#5 sussex

sussex

• PipPipPipPip
  • 563 posts
  • Ford Model: Was - 1.4 Zetec / Now - 1.6 ZS

Posted 02 September 2009 - 03:33 PM

Mine is going in next week 130. + a firmware update to stop MP3 CD skipping (so they say!)

#6 poohbear

poohbear

Ford Enthusiast

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,003 posts
  • Ford Model: MK7 Fiesta 1.25 Zetec
Posted 02 September 2009 - 03:43 PM

My first service is free :-)

#7 johnnymac16

johnnymac16

Feet Under The Table

• PipPipPipPip
  • 370 posts

Posted 02 September 2009 - 03:44 PM

Would that update also allow us owners of the 1st breed of mk7 to now play music via bluetooth??

#8 Bashful

Bashful

• PipPipPipPip
  • 837 posts
  • Ford Model: Fiesta Titanium 1l 125ps ecoboost
  • Year: 2013
Posted 02 September 2009 - 06:36 PM

I have always found the Ford dealer service prices a bit expensive. Just a bit dubious about taking it elsewhere incase any work needs done under warranty. My original salesman, who I think was sacked, said my first service would be half price. The salesman who took over denied they did such a thing but said if I was told that I would get one. I am sure they will deny all knowledge of that conversation come March 2010.

#9 DanGull

DanGull

Area Rep: Midlands (Despite owning a Seat)

• FOC Supporters
  • 2,229 posts
  • Ford Model: Formerly a Mk7 Fiesta Titanium 1.6 TiVCT now a Seat Leon FR+ 2.0TDI 170
  • Year: 2014

Posted 02 September 2009 - 06:44 PM

I was quoted 175 for the first two minor services and 245 for the first major. The dealer tried to sell me a service plan yesterday at 25 a month (for 20 months) for the first 3 services.

Johnny - incidentally, my experience of BT audio in the Fiesta is awful. No track information, unreliable connection and it jumps A LOT.

#10 johnnymac16

johnnymac16

Feet Under The Table

• PipPipPipPip
  • 370 posts

Posted 02 September 2009 - 06:59 PM

Okies, thanks guys, So what would u recommend? take both cars to ford, or let my insurance company service it for me and save me the hassle of going out and about. Also both mk7s are bought on finance, does it have to be service, mine has done 12k miles, and the other one has done just 3500 in the same time plus a month. Is it really worth gettin it serviced?

#11 DanGull

DanGull

Area Rep: Midlands (Despite owning a Seat)

• FOC Supporters
  • 2,229 posts
  • Ford Model: Formerly a Mk7 Fiesta Titanium 1.6 TiVCT now a Seat Leon FR+ 2.0TDI 170
  • Year: 2014

Posted 02 September 2009 - 07:14 PM

No service - no warranty. Simple as that really. Even on finance, if your car breaks after 25,000 miles and it's never been serviced, Ford will charge you full whack to get the problem sorted. Follow the intervals, and get it done.

Your insurance detail seems to be a good deal, so long as it's Ford original parts, some people have an interesting definition of what that means.

#12 sussex

sussex

• PipPipPipPip
  • 563 posts
  • Ford Model: Was - 1.4 Zetec / Now - 1.6 ZS

Posted 02 September 2009 - 07:15 PM

Okies, thanks guys, So what would u recommend? take both cars to ford, or let my insurance company service it for me and save me the hassle of going out and about. Also both mk7s are bought on finance, does it have to be service, mine has done 12k miles, and the other one has done just 3500 in the same time plus a month. Is it really worth gettin it serviced?

First service is 1 year or 12,500 miles which ever comes first.

#13 FezzaT

FezzaT

Settling In Well

• PipPipPip
  • 90 posts
  • Ford Model: Fiesta Titanium

Posted 02 September 2009 - 08:47 PM

My fiesta is Pre Reg from May on an 09 Plate, does that mean the first service is due in May next year or September next year? (pick it up this Friday)

#14 supersonic

supersonic

• PipPip
  • 16 posts
  • Ford Model: Ford Fiesta Zetec S
Posted 03 September 2009 - 07:28 PM

Hi,

My frist service at 12,500 cost me 99.00! Back in June at my local Ford Garage. :)

Now I don't know how I got away with that one as this is the price is advertised for cars over 3 years old.

I was expecting it to be 125.

They also fixed my ESP issue were I could not turn it off from the button at no extra cost

I don't expect to pay that for the next service mind so this was a bonus!

On a plus note I'm know getting 44mpg regually as long as I'm not hammering it up and down the motoways at 80mph!

The other day driving down to Kent, I drove like a Grandad at 65-70 top I got 50mpg, ok only for a few miles and it went back to 46mpg.

I had to keep resetting the computer on the way back as thought I was seeing things!

#15 pikestones

pikestones

Feet Under The Table

• PipPipPipPip
  • 313 posts
  • Ford Model: Titanium Tdci

Posted 03 September 2009 - 07:44 PM

My fiesta is Pre Reg from May on an 09 Plate, does that mean the first service is due in May next year or September next year? (pick it up this Friday)

Its one year from the date it was registered,so it will be May,unless you hit 12,500 miles before then.

dave

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users