Do Not Sell My Personal Information

1st Year Full Service - Ford Fiesta

johnnymac16

Our 58 reg fiesta's are due for a 1st year service soon, one being in 3 weeks and mine due in november.

Just wondering how much to expect to pay for a full ford service?

I have also just renewed my car insurance, and my insurance company says they can service my ford fiesta without affecting the ford warranty. They have quoted me £120 full service with collection and delivery back to my home and full valet.

This seems like a good price!

Let me know what you think?

I had mine done a few months back, cost £147, I had to drop the car off at Ford and collect it, and they did not valet it.

So the insurance company seems to be offering a better deal.

To keep your warranty valid though they will have to use genuine Ford parts etc..

There is a sign up in our dealership offereing the two service rates for different models and I am sure for the full service on our cars its around £145 mark. I remember looking and thinking that it was well under half the price our Mercedes used to cost us lol. If they do valet the car watch out for how they clean your bodywork considering you have a black car, wouldnt want to end up with swirls where some kid has put a nice rag in the bucket with a grain of grit on it!!!

Mine is going in next week £130. + a firmware update to stop MP3 CD skipping (so they say!)

I have always found the Ford dealer service prices a bit expensive. Just a bit dubious about taking it elsewhere incase any work needs done under warranty. My original salesman, who I think was sacked, said my first service would be half price. The salesman who took over denied they did such a thing but said if I was told that I would get one. I am sure they will deny all knowledge of that conversation come March 2010.

I was quoted £175 for the first two minor services and £245 for the first major. The dealer tried to sell me a service plan yesterday at £25 a month (for 20 months) for the first 3 services.

Johnny - incidentally, my experience of BT audio in the Fiesta is awful. No track information, unreliable connection and it jumps A LOT.

Okies, thanks guys, So what would u recommend? take both cars to ford, or let my insurance company service it for me and save me the hassle of going out and about. Also both mk7s are bought on finance, does it have to be service, mine has done 12k miles, and the other one has done just 3500 in the same time plus a month. Is it really worth gettin it serviced?

No service - no warranty. Simple as that really. Even on finance, if your car breaks after 25,000 miles and it's never been serviced, Ford will charge you full whack to get the problem sorted. Follow the intervals, and get it done.

Your insurance detail seems to be a good deal, so long as it's Ford original parts, some people have an interesting definition of what that means.

Okies, thanks guys, So what would u recommend? take both cars to ford, or let my insurance company service it for me and save me the hassle of going out and about. Also both mk7s are bought on finance, does it have to be service, mine has done 12k miles, and the other one has done just 3500 in the same time plus a month. Is it really worth gettin it serviced?

First service is 1 year or 12,500 miles which ever comes first.

Hi,

My frist service at 12,500 cost me £99.00! Back in June at my local Ford Garage. :)

Now I don't know how I got away with that one as this is the price is advertised for cars over 3 years old.

I was expecting it to be £125.

They also fixed my ESP issue were I could not turn it off from the button at no extra cost

I don't expect to pay that for the next service mind so this was a bonus!

On a plus note I'm know getting 44mpg regually as long as I'm not hammering it up and down the motoways at 80mph!

The other day driving down to Kent, I drove like a Grandad at 65-70 top I got 50mpg, ok only for a few miles and it went back to 46mpg.

I had to keep resetting the computer on the way back as thought I was seeing things!

My fiesta is Pre Reg from May on an 09 Plate, does that mean the first service is due in May next year or September next year? (pick it up this Friday)

Its one year from the date it was registered,so it will be May,unless you hit 12,500 miles before then.

dave

Hi,

My frist service at 12,500 cost me £99.00! Back in June at my local Ford Garage. :)

On a plus note I'm know getting 44mpg regually as long as I'm not hammering it up and down the motoways at 80mph!

I agree with you Supersonic--my car's only done 6k but, like you, I get between 43 and 44 mpg most of the time with normal driving.

On a run so far the most I've had is 48 mpg but I will get to the magic figure of 50 as the engine loosens up. ;)

I was quoted around 125 pounds for a service from my Ford dealer which I figure is very good plus I can always have a loan car if I want!

When I bought the car I noticed the 1st year service price was £125. When I went in yesterday, it had gone up tp £149.

My local dealer quotes £145 for a first service. I never let the dealer valet the car since having my paintwork damaged by a dealer's valet (non Ford). The car was put through a car wash and then left undried in the summer sun, which permanently marked the dark, metallic paint. Dealer accepted no responsibility, repair costs were not cheap.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club