Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fiesta St + Mp215 + What Else?

WXC79

^ My new one is the same and the old one after they adjusted it. They said the new one fit better than the old one which is promising, and I'm not sure if I heard any knocking on the way home so will see how it goes.

There's one point on my drive to work where I would always hear the other exhaust knock without fail, so if I don't hear it knock there in the morning I'll be very happy :)

Also this new one seems to make the pops on the overrun (if that's what they are) more noticeable, just revving it a bit with the door open.

• Like 2

Good news Phil, hope the knocking is gone for good.

I'm about 400 miles in now since the install. Definitely noticing more pops & burbles on the overrun the more I use it.

Shame the weather is taking a turn for the worse, still, I will be going out just for the hell of it, but without the windows down it's not quite as much fun;)

• Like 2

They would say it would fit better than the old one though haha, but hopefully it does work mate and it's all sorted for you!

I will let you know how mine gets on tomorrow hopefully!

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

Hmm the car shouldn't really be popping more really, it's unburnt fuel in that's fired in to help cool the cylinders. Just more audible with larger bore exhausts. Fingers crossed then knock is dealt with.

• Like 2

Good news Phil, hope the knocking is gone for good.

I'm about 400 miles in now since the install. Definitely noticing more pops & burbles on the overrun the more I use it.

Shame the weather is taking a turn for the worse, still, I will be going out just for the hell of it, but without the windows down it's not quite as much fun;)

Yeah I need to do some driving around with the windows down, will just wear a fleece :)

Hmm the car shouldn't really be popping more really, it's unburnt fuel in that's fired in to help cool the cylinders. Just more audible with larger bore exhausts. Fingers crossed then knock is dealt with.

Maybe I just didn't notice it before, but I didn't really do any revving with the door / windows open before. It's only a subtle sound, the pops are very muffled which is probably a good thing.

Nice one :). Looks like they (or you?) fitted it properly cos it's not sticking out. What are your first impressions of it, and hopefully no knocking?

Yeah I fitted it mate, nice note to it and the best thing it's not to loud! Nothing as of yet but I've only done a few miles with it at the moment

I've already noticed my new one knocking lol, but maybe a bit better than before. I'll give it about a week to get an idea of whether the new exhaust has improved things, but then the upgraded mounts might be the only option left.

^That's a nightmare Phil! Have you tried rocking/moving the exhaust (when cold) to see if you can recreate the knocking sound, perhaps source where it's coming from? Is it only happening in one specific place on your drive, or does it happen regularly?

I wonder if the garage you're taking it to are doing a proper 'hot install'; allowing the exhaust to heat up then readjusting it accordingly after the initial 'cold-fit'?

• Like 1

Can't be 2 defective exhausts. Must be something else that was disturbed, or simply poor alignment. Is there anywhere else you could take it for a second opinion?

Where are you getting it fitted mate, an independent garage or mountune them selfs?

I've done about 20miles and I have no knocking or anything.

^That's a nightmare Phil! Have you tried rocking/moving the exhaust (when cold) to see if you can recreate the knocking sound, perhaps source where it's coming from? Is it only happening in one specific place on your drive, or does it happen regularly?

I wonder if the garage you're taking it to are doing a proper 'hot install'; allowing the exhaust to heat up then readjusting it accordingly after the initial 'cold-fit'?

It happens quite regularly to be honest, shouldn't be like this. They certainly didn't do a hot install yesterday, I touched the exhaust tips and they were cold. I think if I take it back to them next week I'll ask them to check the adjustment and then if that's not the problem, fit the upgraded mounts.

Can't be 2 defective exhausts. Must be something else that was disturbed, or simply poor alignment. Is there anywhere else you could take it for a second opinion?

I tried asking my nearest Ford dealer (also a Mountune dealer that fitted my MP215 kit) if they would have a look at it, but they said no, understandably because it was an ongoing problem from another dealer. I might try another dealer and not mention anything about the exhaust, just say I have a knocking sound when going over bumps.

Where are you getting it fitted mate, an independent garage or mountune them selfs?

I've done about 20miles and I have no knocking or anything.

It's Stoneacre in York which is a Mountune dealer. They had the exhausts in stock before anyone else which is why I went to them. The thing that worries me is that it's the body shop that are doing the job, and I was thinking maybe the service department would do a better job. Although if they are fitting exhausts regularly then they should have no problems like this.

You shouldn't have any problem, had to make a few adjustments and then made sure it would clear the rear axle ok and not hit the heat shield, been perfect so far

Well Phil so sorry to hear your still having problems, but it could be the lack of hot running adjustment. Something you normally have to do with a standard system, but very important on stainless.

What does the knocking sound like?

Like something hollow and metallic hitting something else haha. I don't know what else it could be other than the exhaust.

Could you get a video or anything? Surely it couldn't be the exhaust making contact with the rear beam?

Phil just saw this on another thread you could get yours checked just in case

"The heat sheild round my backbox used to rattle when I had my fiesta until I put a bigger washer over the bolt and was alright"

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC mobile app

• Like 1

^ Cheers Phil, do you have a link for that thread and did they say where the bolt is that needs a bigger washer?

I was going to ask you, did you have any problems after you changed your mounts to the poly ones? I might have to do that if I can't get this sorted.

Took a bit of finding again but here you are

http://www.fordownersclub.com/forums/topic/76346-what-rattles-in-your-fiesta/

I've had no issues at all with the poly bushes. You can really see the difference when you try to move the tail pipes on mine compared to Toms standard ones. When I follow him I can see the exhaust moving all over the place. Any garage or exhaust place can fit them don't go to ford they'll rip you off.

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC mobile app

• Like 2

^ I might end up getting them fitted then. They won't charge me because it's part of fixing the problem with the exhaust, but I'll get them to check the fitting first because the new exhaust wasn't adjusted after heating up (was cold when they gave me the car back).

• Like 1