Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fiesta St + Mp215 + What Else?

WXC79

Going back tomorrow afternoon to have the new mounts fitted so hopefully that will be the end of it. Although I've hardly heard it knocking in the last couple of days. I need to find some bumps on the way home.

They also want to me to leave the car with them for a day so they can see if it's something else, but hopefully the mounts will sort it. I don't know if they think it might not be the exhaust, but there's nothing else it can be.

I've had no knocks on mine, but by my house there's a road that had a few bumps on it not speed bump just a crap made road but I got a knock of mine, but nothing since then.

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

I think maybe you can expect knocks over really harsh bumps, but mine has been knocking on roads that really aren't that bad. I found the worst bump on my way home from work, it's where the road has a kind of hole where it's collapsed a bit, not uncomfortable to drive over but I went over it at about 40, and heard the exhuast knock twice. So it must have bounced up and down twice, and that has happened before in the same place. I think that proves that either the mounts are just not up to the standard needed for this exhaust, or yet again the guys are Stoneacre failed to fit it properly. But I'll have the new mounts on tomorrow so will see if that solves the problem.

Exactly the same as me mate, I pulled on the exhaust tips earlier not very hard but hard enough and it does hit the heat shield, so I think with the better exhaust mounts it should stop the movement of the exhaust

^ Yes, but hopefully they will still allow enough movement forward and backwards so there isn't too much extra stress on any other parts.

Should be fine mate, I will upgrade to them at some point but I don't get any knocking except once so I won't do it till after Christmas!

• Like 1

So when I went this time they found my spare wheel was loose lol, I'll feel a bit silly if that turns out to be the problem. I'm sure I tightened it up properly before, but maybe the dealer in Leeds had it out when they were fixing some rattles and didn't tighten it properly. So once again I'm back to hoping it won't rattle with the standard mounts. I wish they would have thought to check the spare wheel the first time I took it back instead of the 5th time, oh well it's their loss cos I got another new exhaust out of it :P

Haha, if it's that then I don't think you should go back! Hopefully that does sort it for you now then mate, cause I couldn't see how it would knock if they fitted it correctly.

• Like 1

Was the spare wheel the culprit after all? Hopefully it's all sorted now and you can start enjoying the exhaust a bit more;)

I've done about 700 miles since the install and still loving it. The weather has been nightmarish here of late, so I've not been out much,

but I still grab every opportunity I can get to go for a blast.

• Like 1

I don't think it was the spare wheel unfortunately, and I had my doubts when they suggested that could be the problem. I mean a rubber wheel bouncing around would sound very different to a metal exhaust.

But it seems to be knocking a lot less than it used to. I don't know if it's just the cold weather making the rubber mounts stiffer lol, probably not. I still hear it occasionally and need to try it again on the usual bumpy bits on the way home, then might take it back again to get the new mounts fitted.

I think it's already been mentioned, but perhaps before you get the new mounts fitted, get them to check if the heat-shield needs adjusting, that could well be the cause.

I know the garage that fitted my exhaust said they needed to adjust it a little, and I've not noticed any knocking.

I really hope you get it sorted, as I imagine it ruins the enjoyment of the new exhaust a bit when you're constantly listening out for knocking sounds!

• Like 1

^ They adjusted the heat shields as much as they could - that was one of the first things they did. Yeah it does slightly ruin the experience but I'll get it sorted eventually.

So I went to have the new mounts fitted yesterday as a last resort, and it's still knocking :censored:

If anything it's worse than before because I heard it knocking on small bumps, on two different roads. In fact on one road it was just those rumble strips you get when going into a 30 speed limit. I'll have to see how it goes over the next few days, but I'm reluctant to go back to Stoneacre after this. If I do it will be to get a refund and a standard exhaust fitted (should have kept my old exhaust for that reason).

Also they pointed out to me that the new mounts are a bit wider than the standard ones, so they don't completely fit over the brackets on the exhaust. They said they shouldn't go anywhere and hopefully they're right. I might take it to Benfield in Leeds next because they seem to be experts in fixing unwanted noises on cars.

Also did any of you get any paperwork from Mountune about the warranty? When I had it fitted the first time they said Mountune would send something, but I never got anything (and someone else at Stoneacre didn't know anything about that).

You don't get get any forms to fill in, you go one their site and put your VIN number and the exhaust serial number in ( serial number is on a plate at under the silencer at the tailpipe end).

See bottom Right of this page

http://www.mountune.com/index.php/services/performance-upgrades/fiesta/fiesta-st-2013

Had my exhaust fitted on Tuesday with RS mounts, not noticed any knocking so far.

• Like 1

Omg can't believe how much issue you have had. Mines been perfect, the fact you have had two exhausts fitted suggests they don't know what there doing or haven't noticed something else.. As above regards the warrentee, although the Mountune boys and girls wrote my serial number down on my invoice for me so I didn't have to look under the car.

• Like 1

Yeah I'm starting to get a bit fed up with it now. I'll see what it does over the next few days so that I know if the knocking is definitely worse with the new mounts, and then I'll think of what to do next, most likely putting the old mounts back on for a start.

• 2 weeks later...

The exhaust seems to be sorted now :). I left it at Stoneacre for a day so they could figure it out, and the guy said there was one part of it near where the seat is (not sure rear or front seat) that had very little clearance. So he readjusted it to give more clearance at that point, and it seems to be 99% knock free now. Also it's back on the standard mounts.

I heard it knock once where there were some road works, where they take up the road surface leaving a harsh bump, but you don't normally have to go over bumps like that. Also it's been on for around 1000 miles now and I'm starting to see the improved noise that others have mentioned. Even when you turn off the ignition it makes a nice noise haha.

• Like 1

What's the sound like on the Mountune exhaust? I don't want something too loud really, just a tad more than the standard exhaust.

^ That's what I wanted too and I think that's what you get with this exhaust. It's not that loud compared to most aftermarket exhausts you hear on the road, and on the motorway you can barely hear it over the road noise. I'm thinking about getting the symposer delete done too.

I'm glad you may have got it sorted now Phil!

The exhaust is perfect for everyday driving not loud and 70 and not a drone so you can still talk to your passengers. You do get a drone and a nice noise but only when you build up the revs from around 3500-4000k.

• Like 1

Glad you got yours sorted Phil.. As for the volume side of things, I think it's deceptively load, depending on how it's driven if I am honest.. It can be very loud if you want it to be, but dead quiet on a cruise, if you want it to be. Certain people do know when I coming..

• Like 1

May have to invest once they're in stock again :P

Glad you got yours sorted Phil.. As for the volume side of things, I think it's deceptively load, depending on how it's driven if I am honest.. It can be very loud if you want it to be, but dead quiet on a cruise, if you want it to be. Certain people do know when I coming..

Yeah I think being inside the car I have no idea how loud it is outside lol. When I've had it in at the dealers I could tell when they were driving the car round without being able to see it :)

Very distinctive sound. I do have everything except the cat, and. Mr230 map so does make a difference.