Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fiesta St + Mp215 + What Else?

WXC79

Bagged myself a new cat back exhaust today too.. So keep an eye out if anyone has asked to be notified, there sending emails in date order from when you requested.

Was that from the Mountone website? It says out of stock at the moment. I called them and they said they had a small batch in, and prioritizing warranty repairs. I told him that someone has ordered one (i.e. you) but he said that can't be true because they have to be ordered through the website lol. So I'm a bit confused, how exactly did you order one?

• Like 1

The likes of me and you (keen car nuts I asume) will notice it, but it's not something that's sits there shouting i am modified visible, like on some cars like the mk2 focus St for example.. The sound does stand out, and the improvements you'll love!

Yeah I can't wait to get it all on there, probably won't be until after Christmas though! I've got a dump valve on mine so it probably wouldn't make any noise difference. Is there any difference with the car with it on?

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

Sorry Phil should have, didn't order it though the website, I was a priority so had first dibs, in this batch.. I know there was very limited amounts, but there's more on the way. It won't appear online until after the have notified people of stock.. So keep an eye on your emails.

One thing to mention about the intercooler, there is a very slight increase in turbo lag, only noticeable in heavy traffic, but something to note if anyone is think of the larger coolers from others, as the lag would be quite large.

• Like 2

^ How did you get priority, do you know someone who works at Mountune? Would be good if you said you actually needed 2 haha, then I could buy one off you.

• Like 1

Here's some pics, not great ones, but you get the idea. As Russdaz mentioned, those in the know, know. Especially as far as the sound it's producing;)

ST Mountune Black Alloy Intercooler

ST Mountune Charge Pipe Upgrade Hose

ST Mountune Charge Pipe Upgrade Hoses

ST Mountune Induction Hose

• Like 2

Sorry Phil should have, didn't order it though the website, I was a priority so had first dibs, in this batch.. I know there was very limited amounts, but there's more on the way. It won't appear online until after the have notified people of stock.. So keep an eye on your emails.

One thing to mention about the intercooler, there is a very slight increase in turbo lag, only noticeable in heavy traffic, but something to note if anyone is think of the larger coolers from others, as the lag would be quite large.

I've noticed the increase in turbo lag also, as you say though, it's very slight. If you keep the revs up it's practically non existent,

I'm surprised that there's lag! But if it's not that noticeable it's not to bad.

Can't see the writing on it in the photo which is surprising. How long did it take mountune to fit it all?

Different guy, different intercooler;) Mine's the Mountune Black Alloy Intercooler without the logo;) It took a local garage about 3 hours to fit it all, they also changed my wheels fron to back in that time too. It was a little longer than Mountune claim it should take, but as it was something they don't usually do, I was happy with them taking their time. They let me into the garage whilst it was up on the ramp too, with the bumper off, so i could see him doing the final fittings of the charge-pipes & intercooler.

• Like 3

^ How did you get priority, do you know someone who works at Mountune? Would be good if you said you actually needed 2 haha, then I could buy one off you.

Ordered from last batch the day they sold out, so had mp215 kit fitted and promised first refusal of the next lot, and being known to have parts fitted by HQ no doubts helps too, as they have fitted my mp215, and intercooler.

• Like 1

I've noticed the increase in turbo lag also, as you say though, it's very slight. If you keep the revs up it's practically non existent,

True, I only noticed it in second gear in stop start traffic. Only mentioned it to be complete with my review of the installation. But the benefits out weight it no end :-)
  • Like 1

I'm surprised that there's lag! But if it's not that noticeable it's not to bad.

Can't see the writing on it in the photo which is surprising. How long did it take mountune to fit it all?

Always will be when fitting a larger intercooler, as there's more volume for the turbo to fill before hitting it's psi. Think of a tyre the larger tyres need more air to inflate them..

Intercooler are a compromise between outright cooling and lag, out of the replacements Mountune is the smallest in terms of overall volume, so it won't have the coolest intake temps, but will be the best drivability. IMHO. Other things with Mountune it doesn't block restrict air flow to the engine rad. Important as increase in engine temp will rob engine power anyway.

Mountune took around 2. 5hrs to fit.. and by my reconning if they can make btcc formula ford to name a few race engines, and have there hands in developing parts for Ford direct then they can work on my car.

• Like 3

True, I only noticed it in second gear in stop start traffic. Only mentioned it to be complete with my review of the installation. But the benefits out weight it no end :-)

Yeah, second gear is where it's most noticeable if you try and floor it from stop start situations. I find if you ease the throttle in a little more gently then there's essentially no lag.

Yeah, second gear is where it's most noticeable if you try and floor it from stop start situations. I find if you ease the throttle in a little more gently then there's essentially no lag.

Nail on head, I am actually amazed at how little lag there is with it tbh. Amazing bit kit.

The same intercooler is used on there rallycross tuned cars, for what it's worth.

• Like 1

The big hose on top is the induction hose, you can't really see the boost pipes from above.

post-42617-14431055635_thumb.jpg

post-42617-144310558118_thumb.jpg

post-42617-14431055953_thumb.jpg

post-42617-144310561089_thumb.jpg

• Like 5

Going off at a bit of a tangent...

I noticed my engine coolant is on the MIN mark when the engine is cold, it goes up when hot.

I want to top it up so it's between MIN & MAX when cool.

I went to the Ford Dealership and bought some Ford SUPER PLUS PREMIUM coolant today.

I noticed it was more a yellow/light orange colour, compared to the pink colour that is in there at the moment.

When I asked if they had the 'pink variety' the guy there said that they only have one type, and that it's fine to

top it up with the one they gave me, even though it's a different colour. He claimed that "the coolant is always pink from the factory".

I have left my engine to cool and was about to top up with a 50/50 mix of coolant and de-ionised water, when I thought I best check the manual, in which it states:

"Do not mix different colours or types of coolant in your vehicle".

I'm hesitant to do what should be a simple job, what with being given conflicting information.

I'm not looking to drain all the coolant, I just want to top it up, so I'm wondering if anyone knows if it's safe to do so with the coolant I've been given?

Any help would be much appreciated.

^ I also noticed my coolant was a bit low a while back, so asked the dealer to top it up when I had the car in for something else. I have no idea if they used the right type of coolant, if there is a right type as the manual suggests.

From what I've been reading, it seems like it will be ok to use, but I'd like to make sure first. You can buy a 5litre version which is pink/red, so I might do that just to be on the safe side. Although I'll be ordering it from amazon, as it's way cheaper.

Oh never noticed that, have never had to top up between services either..

Another plus for this intercooler and hose upgrade (no idea if it's one or the other or the combination of both) I have much improved mpg.

• Like 1

I've not noticed much of a change with my mpg with the intercooler & hose upgrade installed. I do a lot of countryside, B-Road driving, so I don't get a great mpg, however it does improve significantly when I go on longer motorway journeys. I have somewhat of a heavy right foot though, it's just far too tempting and too much fun to hear that engine roaring;)

I've not noticed much of a change with my mpg with the intercooler & hose upgrade installed. I do a lot of countryside, B-Road driving, so I don't get a great mpg, however it does improve significantly when I go on longer motorway journeys. I have somewhat of a heavy right foot though, it's just far too tempting and too much fun to hear that engine roaring;)

I wasn't expecting it, before I was get 26-27mpg, but my dash has gone up now reading 38mpg. Same roads etc but finding I have to use less throttle around town.

I'm averaging around 37;) I don't do a lot of in-town driving, so not much stop-start, which is always good.

Oh never noticed that, have never had to top up between services either..

Another plus for this intercooler and hose upgrade (no idea if it's one or the other or the combination of both) I have much improved mpg.

That's good, and it makes sense because the cooler air should improve efficiency as well as power.

I'm averaging around 37;) I don't do a lot of in-town driving, so not much stop-start, which is always good.

That's the same as my average since getting the car, with a mix of all different types of roads.

Was that from the Mountone website? It says out of stock at the moment. I called them and they said they had a small batch in, and prioritizing warranty repairs. I told him that someone has ordered one (i.e. you) but he said that can't be true because they have to be ordered through the website lol. So I'm a bit confused, how exactly did you order one?

On STOC, Stoneacre Ford in York have just said they have 6 in stock, £500 fitted.

• Like 1

On STOC, Stoneacre Ford in York have just said they have 6 in stock, £500 fitted.

That's quite good but a bit more expensive labour than I've been quoted, and a bit too far for me to drive.

I bet there isn't 6 In stock now either. The demand seems pretty high. Have you got one fitted yet MarkSt?

• Like 1