Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Cheapest Y cable

FezzaT

In prep for the arrival of my car Friday I want to gett hold of or at least order the Y cable, but my dealer said it was £25 quid - for a cable! Anyone found it cheaper?

I asked mine when I went in last week to sign the paperwork and he said "Oh I think it is only about £7 or £8"

I asked mine when I went in last week to sign the paperwork and he said "Oh I think it is only about £7 or £8"

Well I wanted mine for when I get the car tomorrow so I've ended up paying £23 for it - which I still think is a rip off, but I can't be bothered to wait for it!

Mine said £4 or £5 but when i went to parts to get it it wasnt the Y cable just the 3.5mm jack.

I paid £20 for mine i think.

Mine said £4 or £5 but when i went to parts to get it it wasnt the Y cable just the 3.5mm jack.

I paid £20 for mine i think.

This is the thing, half the dealers don't know what you mean and think you just mean the standard 3.5 to 3.5 jack, was on the phone explaining it to them for 10 minutes before they realised they stocked it as an accessory

This is the thing, half the dealers don't know what you mean and think you just mean the standard 3.5 to 3.5 jack, was on the phone explaining it to them for 10 minutes before they realised they stocked it as an accessory

Yea not the brightest of people :)

Make sure you get pictures up of your new car asap :) O and welcome to the club

Mine would've cost £20 but I mentioned it during the haggling stage (fighting for my business with another dealer) and he just threw it in. Best time to mention it I guess as 20 quid is nothing.

Yea not the brightest of people :)

Make sure you get pictures up of your new car asap :) O and welcome to the club

Thanks will do - got tomorrow afternoon off work so I can have a proper mess around!

Thanks will do - got tomorrow afternoon off work so I can have a proper mess around!

Hi

Newbie here (waiting for a Style+) I’m a bit of a dummy! What is a Y cable and do I need one?

corsham - you need a Y cable if you have the USB and line in option. It's the cable that connects your iPod to the jacks in the centre console.

corsham - you need a Y cable if you have the USB and line in option. It's the cable that connects your iPod to the jacks in the centre console.

Hi Thanks I will have only an aux in no usb connection. Do I need a Y cable for the aux in?

Thanks v much FezzaT

No problem ;)

It does actually say in the manual that you don't need to use the Y cable - you can use the standard ipod usb cable and a seperate 3.5 jack cable.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club