Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Detailing Q - Ford transport wax

Fraser.

Hi guys.

Due to collect my new panther black zetec s within the next couple of weeks. I'm going to be new to proper detailng and want the car as swirl free as possible when I get it as I don't want to have to go machine polishing etc. straight away

I'm currently deciding wether to let the dealer clean the car (which I understand they normally do as part of the pdi?) for me or not?

From what I've read on other forums all new cars are normally transported with a layer of hard transport wax on them. Does anybody know if this is removed at the docks when the cars are unloaded or by the dealer during pdi?

If this is by the dealer then it may be wise to let them wash it as to uncover any potential blemishes that need to be identifed/collected before I take ownership of the car.

Thanks guys :)

Not sure when the transport wax is removed but from my personal experience I wish I had told my dealer not to touch the car when it arrived.

I've just spent close on 3 days fully detailing my Fiesta to get it the way I want it. That included having to machine polish it due to the swirls etc on it.

in a word

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

:lol:

100 % NO

Do not let them do it. they completely ruined my hot magenta fiesta, swirl marks all over it, it was sent back in, then came back out worse than it was before. After that we took it to the manager and he got it all sorted at the head garage, 4 weeks of wasted time which shouldnt of had to happen in the first place.

From my experience just inspect it yourself and clean it yourself. If you do find any minor scratches take them out yourslef do not take it back to the garage they will just ruin the car even more.

100 % NO

Do not let them do it. they completely ruined my hot magenta fiesta, swirl marks all over it, it was sent back in, then came back out worse than it was before. After that we took it to the manager and he got it all sorted at the head garage, 4 weeks of wasted time which shouldnt of had to happen in the first place.

From my experience just inspect it yourself and clean it yourself. If you do find any minor scratches take them out yourslef do not take it back to the garage they will just ruin the car even more.

I had much the same problem, car was swirled and had industrial fallout on it when I picked it up from the dealer. Tried to get them to put it to a local professional detailer but the cost was too much for them to pay as they said their dealer bodyshop would do it themselves.

Read some stories of bad workmanship from that bodyshop and just wasn't happy giving it back to them as when the sorted out another issue with the cars paint, the roof came back badly etched from bird droppings.

After a long while I finally came to an agreement with the local dealer for them to give me £250 to cover the costs of having to buy a machine polisher and all the necessary equipment to do the job myself.

As you'll see from the recent post I've posted I'm really pleased with how the car's looking now and I can now say I know how to detail my car by machine. ;)

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club