Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Your Insurance Annual?

MPX309

On 9/2/2016 at 9:00 PM, Mitchell Rogers said:

How the he'll!  I'm 20 with a red edition. 1 crash with 0 ncb, been driving 3 years and my renenewl is north of 3500

Try direct line

I'd only bother going through the hassle of filling in forms for "not on comparison website" insurers if their subsidaries are near the top.

Every big "direct only", "not on comparison websites" insurer is on comparison websites.

Privilege is part of Direct Line

Quotemehappy is Aviva

etc.

If you find one of those towards the top of the list on comparison websites, I can be worth getting a quote Direct. If they are well off the cheapest quotes, don't bother.

• Like 1

A word of advice here-

Don't go to Admiral if you've had any claims or licence endorsements in the last 7 years as they are well known (in my job) for increasing their premiums by 60% on average although they have been known to occasionally back down on appeal.

Sent from my SM-G930F

Admiral are the 2nd cheapest quote for me this year - Elephant beating their sister company by about £2.80 over the year lol

That's with 1 at fault accident 4 years ago lol

I made a windscreen claim last year and it doesn't seem to have changed it with Admiral.  They did take the mick with the premium rise for a simple stage 1 remap though.  

Admiral will also match Elephants quote if you phone up lol.

On 8/8/2016 at 7:43 PM, GaryPL said:

Jesus, insurance is cheap outside the London postcodes!

30 years old.

Hastings Premier (with home start breakdown cover and a couple of other bits).

2015 Titanium X 1.0 EcoBoost 123.

£530.00 with 9 years NCD, no points and 2 claims (one fault, one non).

Well, my renewal is up now and after changing to the Fiesta 3 weeks ago and seeing the premium reduce, come renewal it has unsurprisingly gone up!

Hastings wanted £778 but after a phone call and removing the breakdown cover (because I now have Ford Assistance for 2 years, once Ford Direct bother sending me the paperwork) I'm down to the £500 level. Adrian Flux couldn't get close.

Insurance really is a rip off!

Don't go with admiral full stop! their recommended garages suck rear end! messed up my car and told me I was lying.... 

• Like 1

I'm with admiral now. They were the cheapest 2 years running and after my claim have been very helpful tbh. But now my insurnace has gone up I'm dreading what they quote me on my renewal. Tried a few different sites and the cheapest was either Churchill and 2.9 or Adrian flux at 3.2

• 2 weeks later...

Car: 64 Plate 1.0 Fiesta ZS 125BHP

Insurance: Around £500ish (can't quite remember how it breaks down in the multiquote with my parents) with Admiral (4 years NCB, will be 5 on March 1st 2017)

Thing is with these guys, I'm moving in with my partner soon hopefully and they won't even touch me at my new address for an online quote. They say I'd have to ring them! Psh, hope its not going to throw it up loads =/, also hoping to take advantage of their multiquote with the partners car too in hope it might give us some extra savings..

• 1 month later...

Age 63

Car 2011 Mondeo Titanium 2L (203) Powershift

8 years NCD

No penalty points

Insurance Fully Comp with protected NCD, courtesy car, legal protection, breakdown recovery - £695 with Aviva

Just renewed, £250 ish. 64 plate Titanium X 1.0. No courtesy car or recovery, but get that anyway through Ford with the car service.

Howdy, from what I heard; If you're trying to get the best rates, they base it on: Your job, your postcode, to even what religion you are. I'm 21 and I own a 1.6 Ecoboost Focus with 1 year no claims, held my license for 2 years, for £952 with 2 additional drivers. 

I'd recommend trying Elephant as an insurance company as they are literally the same as Admiral.. It's just a different name.24be6881bc62254481b1b182ab39f6ee.jpg

Age. Old enough to not pay over the odds for insurance :happy:

Car. Mk3 Focus RS
Insurance. £260.61 (Direct Line)

Car. Audi A2 Tdi (daily chugger)

Insurance. £280 (Admiral)

Sometimes insurance is hard to fathom out... :wacko:

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Car: Focus Titanium 1.5TDCi 

Insurance: £502 Aviva  (with 6 points)

32 - Mk2 Focus 1.6 VCT - 10 Years NCD - Fully Comp - all the extras, £230pa

• 3 months later...

Age 31

Fiesta 1.4tdci 2012 plate. 

Only passed my test last year and had to pay around £1k. 

Just renewed today at £502 with 1 year ncd 

im 19 driving fiessta ecoboost 100bhp 1300 anuallly i guess that isnt bad, looking at getting a zetec s next

Age. Old enough to not pay over the odds for insurance happy.png

Car. Mk3 Focus RS
Insurance. £260.61 (Direct Line)
Car. Audi A2 Tdi (daily chugger)
Insurance. £280 (Admiral)
Sometimes insurance is hard to fathom out... wacko.png

That's good for the RS. I paid £330 for mine but I only have 5 years ncb thanks to having a company car and having to start again. Lucky I'm an old git haha.
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

42 years old

09 plate focus 1.6 zetec

£203 fully comp protected for me and the Mrs with only £100 excess.

With e sure👍

37yo, 2yr NCD, 2015 Fiesta ST. £315 last year, fully comp + legal with Aviva.

This year I have been quoted £314 but I will need to contact them to include protected NCD for renewal.

got my renewal last week was €788 fully com 9 yrs no claims last year it was €499 needles to say changed broker and paid it today € 560 quite a difference really does pay to shop around really are some robbers out :wallbash:

I've just been shopping around and I'm getting quotes upwards of £150 more than Aviva or the few 'no quotes for you' responses.

• Like 1

• 6 months later...

£170 protected fully comp, but no courtesy car (I don't need one). Strangely the quote for my Fiesta Titanium 125 is the same as it was for my Focus ST3

• 4 weeks later...

Mk1 focus 1.6 ghia im paying £1200 for year 6 years no claims im with church hill