Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Your Insurance Annual?

MPX309

On 2/27/2020 at 10:25 PM, TimST2 said:

So this year's insurance is £325 for the ST on our Admiral multi car policy.

Adrian Flux couldn't come close, even with the FOC discount. Interestingly though, I have just insured my Caterham with them as they'll cover it on track and came out the cheapest quote by far.

I must remember that for when I get my ST.

Put our new Fiesta Titanium on my insurance, was £720 for a year. My '06 Zetec S Fiesta was £695 for the year in Aug '19.

• 1 month later...

Just bought insurance.

Ford 1 litre Ecoboost 125 (2017) declared Emotion2+ Stage 1 remap and K&N air filter

£492 Fully comp with 12 years NCB with Sterling Insurance (part of Adrian Flux I believe)

Aged 45

However, I've just received an email saying "we have noticed some significant discrepancies that could affect the cover and/or price that was offered" after I've already sent them photos and completed an additional modification form. I have been 100% honest so I don't think this is going to end well.

How do I check for the Adrian Flux Owners Club offer?

Thanks

Age. 33
Car. Fiesta Titanium X
Insurance. £1221 (Tesco Bank)

Just recently passed 🙈 better late than never

• 1 month later...

Insured my fiesta last year and my insurance company gave me 1 years' no claims discount as an introductory offer, so having held insurance for 1 year, I now have 2 years' no claims. Got their renewal notice through and it's slightly cheaper than last year, but when I do a search on a comparison site, for exactly the same insurance my existing company is almost £100 cheaper as a "new" customer. Go figure.... 🤔

Phoned them up, and they have honoured the lowest price. Happy days....

Did the same today. Was quoted 386 after taking my daughter off my insurance. I told them I was quoted 179 using a comparison site, which pointed to them as the insurer. They said the best they could do was 286. I said that was no good and was just about to cancel when the line went dead - it was nearly 5pm and the company closed. I will call them tomorrow and check it has been cancelled. Then I will go through the comparison site from now on.

It's a shame you don't get rewarded for being loyal.

• 2 months later...

Just sorted out my insurance as it runs out on the 12th October. Im 21, declared lights, fog lights and stickers as mods on my fiesta st line x 140. Got a quote at £1058. So im definitely taking that. A nice £200 cheaper that it was last year.

32 minutes ago, Matthew McGuinness said:

Just sorted out my insurance as it runs out on the 12th October. Im 21, declared lights, fog lights and stickers as mods on my fiesta st line x 140. Got a quote at £1058. So im definitely taking that. A nice £200 cheaper that it was last year.

Still over a grand at 21?  I do feel sorry for young people today, my insurance cost £350 on a 150bhp Vectra at 21.  That was 'only' 7 years ago! :unsure: 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TomsFocus said:

Still over a grand at 21?  I do feel sorry for young people today, my insurance cost £350 on a 150bhp Vectra at 21.  That was 'only' 7 years ago! :unsure: 

Unfortunately yep, but i do have an accident from 3 years ago and the area i live in is a higher rate insurance postcode. One of my mates same age as me has just paid £1300 for his fiesta st line 125 for the year.

• Sad 1

On 9/12/2020 at 12:04 PM, Matthew McGuinness said:

Quick Update,

Been receiving some new quotes, managed to get it down to £950.

The Mrs 20 plate Titanium was £660 for us (personal, commute and work) and my 06 Fiesta was £500 through Hastings for their Premium package. 

• Like 1

• 7 months later...

Car : 2007 Ford Focus 2.0L Auto

Insurance : £478 with mum as additional driver & commute use mentioned - GoSkippy

NCB : 7 years

No points.

I have been with GoSkippy for all these years and every year when they send me a renewal quote, I jump on comparethemeerkat and find a better price with GoSkippy. I sign up as a new customer and their underwriting team recognizes me and my NCB does not need to be verified.

On 9/26/2018 at 9:08 PM, Frembrit said:

2011 Mondeo Titanium X Sport 2.2 Diesel hatchback. Declared uprated brakes and winter tyres.

Admiral - £246 fully comp with legal and protected NCB, not had a claim since 1997. Own a motorbike too for the last 10 years, no claims on that either. (£100 for that with mods and that thing goes a lot faster)

Prices for the car has changed a bit since I first bought it 5 years ago. Was £220 fully comp then and gradually went up to £350 last year.

Done a quote for a 2017 Focus RS the other week and that was £320 🙂 hmmmm

It depends on who has moved to your area. In mine, a lot of the scum from the continent have moved in and they drive untaxed and uninsured cars and I bet they get involved in accidents as well. I did a price check as a new customer with no NCB and it was much much higher than what I had paid 7 years ago.

• 2 months later...

Paid for my renewal. £358 with no claims protected and all options ticked. Thankfully now have 6 years no claims bonus

• 1 month later...

Just done mine today

Age 61

Focus Mk IV

Hasting Direct - fully comp with legal and protected NCB

£172.96

• Like 1

Did ours last month.

£190 fully comp with LV that's for both of us.