Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Your Insurance Annual?

MPX309

25 year old

1.6 ST3

£1,095

1 previous accident of my fault in August.

Fully Comprehensive with legal cover and breakdown cover as well as a curtsey car upgrade.

1.6 Focus

Lots of modifications declared

2 year NCB.

£430

Not too bad right?

18 (Just turned xD) Fiesta Black Edition 1.0 140. £2100 with Admiral!

Dear Lord, I can't believe the money some of you 'kids' are paying for insurance.... Also can't believe the types of cars some of you 'kids' are driving....

I'll update this when I remember how much I'm paying..

• Like 4

Look at it this way the more youngsters pay the thieving insurance companies the less we have to pay

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 4

Look at it this way the more youngsters pay the thieving insurance companies the less we have to pay

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

True I suppose. I'm still amazed to be paying something like £300 with 10 years ncb.... On a 1.6tdci estate...

• Like 1

So.. Myself and the girlfriend pay £2100

On my own it's £2245

For a 2004 1.4 fiesta Flame mk6 5 door

Now, I've had quotes for myself on a 2014 1.0 Fiesta Red edition for £1750

Or £1500 for myself and the girlfriend.

We're both 17 although I'm 18 in January. No black box

Just think.. when we're your age (yes I'm talking to you Phil) you'll be paying what us youngsters are paying now as you'll become more of a risk! :p

Old age can't be great ;)

2 grand a year to insure a 11 year old car ? ? ! ! SHOCKING.

I need a lie down in a darkened room . . . .

I'll hire a chauffer if & when my insurance premiums exceed 3 figures - it'll be cheaper :)

• Like 3

2 I'll hire a chauffer if & when my insurance premiums exceed 3 figures - it'll be cheaper :)

Until you get bored of not being able to plant your foot when needs must..

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

I know the young are perceived as high risk , , , but 2k is daylight robbery :(

• Like 1

I know the young are perceived as high risk , , , but 2k is daylight robbery :(

It's appalling.. all because of the few s***, c****& mk5 fiesta owners..

Cheapest on the mk6 with a black box was £1600

It's the stats - under 25's are perceived as high risk . . . . & I used to know plenty of over 25's, 30's & 40's that were downright dangerous :(

• Like 1

It's the stats - under 25's are high risk . . . . & I used to know plenty of over 25's, 30's & 40's that were downright dangerous :(

:( lucky I've since made friends with people working for insurance companies ;)

Although he'll only sort me out if I buy his scirocco off him for £8k. As much as its an absolutely beautiful, amazingly specced car.. I can't afford it :(

• Like 1

Until you get bored of not being able to plant your foot when needs must..

That's why you became eccentric and carry a cane, you can wop Jeeves on the head when he doesn't drive fast enough...

• Like 1

That's why you became eccentric and carry a cane, you can wop Jeeves on the head when he doesn't drive fast enough...

Hahahaaha

Being older has lots of advantages like I've only got just over 3 years to work till I retire

How long for you Kieran

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC mobile app

• Like 3

Probably about 90 years if the government keeps raising the retirement age! Ahah

• Like 2

Very true I keep reminding my kids they still have longer to work than I've lived haha

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC mobile app

• Like 2

Retirement isn't cheap.

Keep paying the taxes . . . . . ! :)

• Like 1

Is it bad that I've just checked this thread because I'd forgotten who my insurers were?

• Like 2

True I suppose. I'm still amazed to be paying something like £300 with 10 years ncb.... On a 1.6tdci estate...

I pay almost half that with 1.8TDCi estate! I'm sure you could get that down a bit with a different insurer

2 grand a year to insure a 11 year old car ? ? ! ! SHOCKING.

During my BMW phase, even with 740i South African grey import, and at the time; no ncb, a couple of SP30's, I was 27: it was never more £1400 - £2K for a smaller British native car is stupidly silly :o :o

• Like 1

Is it bad that I've just checked this thread because I'd forgotten who my insurers were?

LOL :D

Well it actually went UP this year so I switched insurers to Adrian flux, and it came down again... I suppose area has a lot to do with it... The area I live in is very nice, but it doesn't stop the occasional !Removed! leaving an empty bottle of methadone on the street...

• Like 1

Well it actually went UP this year so I switched insurers to Adrian flux, and it came down again... I suppose area has a lot to do with it... The area I live in is very nice, but it doesn't stop the occasional !Removed! leaving an empty bottle of methadone on the street...

Whilst I've never had a bottle of methadone (not that I would know what methadone actually looks like), all sorts of things have been left in my pittosporrum hedge, at the front, by the late night passers by. Half eaten hot snacks;a wheelbarrow with a deflated tyre; a delicately balanced pint glass still containing ¾ pt or so of lager; draped condoms in various states of use; several others estate agents boards and quite oddly, given it's weight, a marble fire place :huh:

My occupation, is apparently one of the lowest risk jobs for underwriters, which may explain my low annual premium

• Like 1