Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Best Tyres

mikeyd1

In terms of what? Fuel efficiency? Noise? Grip when wet? Grip when dry?

What size at you after? :)

• Like 2

As above, great tyre.

Just avoid those cheap Nanking and Wang dong tyres.

I need more meat on my tyre as these 40 profile's are a mare on poor roads. Either gonna get 215/40/17 or 205/45/17's.

• Like 2

The Continental tyres are quite soft so do wear quick same as perreli tyres are quite soft and wear quick

Yeah that's what I thought, but on those reviews people seem to think the Michelins have better grip and last longer which seems unlikely. I think you're right though and the actual grip levels are a bit subjective.

Hmm looks like it's the michelins then

I've got pirellis on mine and I think they're brilliant :-)

• Like 1

I wasn't debating with you mate, just expressing my opinion. I think I've always gone with pirellis coz they're slightly cheaper lol and I thought I might as well stick with what I know. I might try something else next time though. Does anyone know if fyrestone tyres are any good? They were advertising then at my local kingsway a few months ago

Well I've had Continental premium 2E's on my giulietta and pretty quiet, good in the rain and a great all rounder and have been on my car since new and its now at 27k miles and still have 4mm on front and 5mm on back so may change them at 30-31k so i'd say pretty long lasting.

• Like 1

Well I've had continental premium 2E's on my giulietta and pretty quiet, good in the rain and a great all rounder and have been on my car since new and its now at 27k miles and still have 4mm on front and 5mm on back so may change them at 30-31k so i'd say pretty long lasting.

That's pretty good going then. Might try them

Does anyone have experience with blackcircles.com?

I've got pirellis on mine and I think they're brilliant :-)

I had Pirellis on my last Fiesta and was also happy with them.

Does anyone know if fyrestone tyres are any good?

I would have a look on http://www.tyrereviews.co.uk/ for reviews of the specific tyre you're looking at, and some other sites have good info and reviews too.

It's worth spending some time searching for the best tyres at a good price when you think they're the only part of the car in contact with the road :)

Awesome cheers mate. Also, the standard tyres are 205,40,r17s is it with spending a bit more on wider profile tyres, so the total diameter would be larger. Would this make a difference to speed or handling? I know the Speedo would be slightly out of sync but just wondered if it would affect acceleration time or anything

^ You should be ok as long as you don't change the diameter too much, but personally I'd stick with the standard size tyres.

^ You should be ok as long as you don't change the diameter too much, but personally I'd stick with the standard size tyres.

Thanks a lot dude! :-)

I always recommend trying camskill.com as they usually work out cheapest.

• Like 1

I always recommend trying camskill.com as they usually work out cheapest.

Thank you :-)

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club