Do Not Sell My Personal Information

S-max 1.8 Tdci Starting Problem

Mikezz

Hi, I have problem with starting my S-Max 1.8 TDCI 125BHP,07. It occurs randomly, I didn´t
notice any relation to engine or outside temperature, nor length of stay. When I try to start,
engine is only turning over, but won´t fire up. "Engine malfunction" message appears on display.
But I always somehow manage to start engine eventually.Any advice guys? This is DTC´s reading:

===PCM DTC P0A09:00-24===
Code: P0A09 - DC/DC Converter Fault Circuit Low

===PCM DTC P0562:00-28===
Code: P0562 - System Voltage Low

===PCM DTC P0341:29-68===
Code: P0341 - CMP Sensor A Circuit Range/Performance (Bank 1 or single sensor)

===PCM DTC P0122:00-68===
Code: P0122 - Throttle/Pedal Position Sensor A Circuit Low Input

===PCM DTC P0113:00-28===
Code: P0113 - IAT Sensor 1 Circuit High Input

===OBDII DTC P0A94-P===
Code: P0A94 - DC/DC Converter Performance

==PDM DTC U2012:08-2E===
==DDM DTC U2012:08-2E===

Thanks for Help. Mike

• 1 month later...

Hi Mikezz, As I note no others have any suggestions yet. So should it has not been solved and you are still having this problem. I had a broadly similar experience on starting until it also intermittently loose power during a run and then broke down and started again!

It turned out, my Fuel Injector Loom was chafed (at the back of the cam cover)- this explains why my 1.8 initial symptom was on starting with engine block rocking the most! There was a service note issued - 8S184.

As most of the DTCs are PCM related, I suggest checking the wiring to the module, including grounding points.

Multiple DTCs almost always relate to an electrical supply or grounding issue.

Thanks guys. It eventually turned out to be two problems. One is solved - air lock due to a fuel filter change. Sorted on third attempt - filter cover had to be tihgtened really strong beacaus eit was leaking. Second problem is electrical and it still persist and occurs occasionally - "engine malfunction" sign appears sometimes before starting, but after turning key back and forth to start again will make this sign dissapear and I can start....can´t figure out this one.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club