Do Not Sell My Personal Information

'05 Mk2 Clutch Started Slipping

ChrisRR

Hi,

I have an MK2 Focus 05 1.6 petrol, 65k miles, and my clutch has started slipping quite badly over the course of only a few days (3 or so). I thought that when a clutch was slipping that it was something that would happen over the course of a few weeks.

As I was driving on Friday I noticed that the biting point felt a bit higher than usual. I didn't know whether it was just my imagination so I decided to keep an eye on it and keep using it.

I didn't drive on Saturday but when I went to drive today (Sunday) the clutch is slipping so badly that I could barely pull away. This seems odd to me as I haven't driven since Friday when it was still driving fine apart from the slightly high bite point.

I just about managed to turn the car around but then gave up.

I haven't seen any fluid on the ground and I've checked the brake/transmission hydraulic fluid level and it's sitting happily close to the max level.

Does anyone have any ideas? A googling and searching the common faults hasn't brought anything up.

It seems to have happened too quickly and when I wasn't using the car to be a failure of the actual clutch plates themselves.

Thanks in advance!

EDIT: I should also add that the catch on the gear stick that stops you going into 1st gear at speed is not completely disengaging. When I push the stick into first as I normally would, it hits the block and I have to give it a firm push to pass that block and get into first.

Additionally there is very little resistance on the clutch pedal any more. It just feels like it's pushing a spring and nothing more.

not really my clutch went like that 2 days it slipped on the 3rd day the clutch obliterated itself in second gear

With little resistance on the clutch pedal and the clutch slipping, would seem to me like an issue with the slave cylinder (not returning fully) or the clutch pressure plate.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club