Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Air Con Leaks On 2005 Mk2 Focus

dazloz

Hi folks tried having my air con re gassed last week to find that the system had a leak from the compressor

Does this mean a new compressor or is it likely to be a pipe replacement?

Many thanks in advance

Darren

There is usually a UV reactive dye in the gas so a quick scan round with a UV light should show where the leak is. Mine was leaking from the Condenser where a stone had punctured it. It would hold a charge but only for a day. I also had a pipe burst when getting it regassed!

• Like 1

I had it done to kwik fit for a no gas no fee and they came back with that it had a leak from compressor

And that was it!

So I thought I'd put it out there and see wether it was a replacement pipe or the compressor

We cant give a definitive answer mate as it will be purely guessing. You will need to check it yourself or get another garage to look at it. I would get hold of a UV light first and check it out yourself. They dont always put the UV dye in but its worth a try as it wont cost you anything to look. If they are saying its definitely the compressor then why would you suspect a pipe or were they a bit incompetent like other members have found out too?

• Like 1

I had it done to kwik fit for a no gas no fee and they came back with that it had a leak from compressor

And that was it!

So I thought I'd put it out there and see wether it was a replacement pipe or the compressor

Take it somewhere else!

They told me exactly the same thing!!

Full of the brown smelly stuff that drops out of bovine bottoms

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club