Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Has A Mk2 Galaxy Got The Same Gear Box As A Mk1?

allbluedave

hey guys.ok so i used to have a mk1 ford galaxy 1.9 tdi which the gearbox decided to loose all the gears and when i got it towed home the gearbox locked up which nearly made me crash into a parked car and smashed a hole in the bottom of the gearbox loosing all my oil. a replacement box was bought for a eye watering 175 quid and 300 quid to fit it which decided to loose its pinch bolt from the gear selector again resulting in loosing the gears again. does the mk2 galaxy 1.9 tdi have the same type of gearbox as I was considering buying a mk2 due to the wife expecting so I'm needing a 7 seater but didn't want to go though the gear box issues again if it had the same type. cheers guys B)

I'd say with 99% certainty that they are different-

Mk1 gearbox-

post-28494-0-53970700-1439157770_thumb.j

Mk2 gearbox-

post-28494-0-57350700-1439157774_thumb.j

Cheers for the reply stoney. :) The gear boxes are different for sure but im not sure about the gear selector on the top. The flaw with the gear selector on the mk1 is the pinch bolt on it can sheer off or work its way loose and fall in the gearbox and bounce of the gears in the box with enough force to smash a hole in it. This is what happened to the first box. The second one the bolt come out totaly. The box can be taken out and shook upside down and you might get lucky and the bolt come out but i didnt have the facilitys or time to do it so it got sold.hopefully the selector isnt the same ;)