Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Dual mass flywheel

dogsbody

Just got a TDCI and wondering how would i know if the flywheel failure so often mentioned is likely to occur- Can I test it in some way? the car has 96K on the clock.

Just got a TDCI and wondering how would i know if the flywheel failure so often mentioned is likely to occur- Can I test it in some way? the car has 96K on the clock.

you cant nomaly it hard to get in gear and take up is cr-p

and it naffs your starter motor up ;)

you cant nomaly it hard to get in gear and take up is cr-p

and it naffs your starter motor up ;)

how does it naff the starter when the starter contacts the fived part and the duel mass is the clutch side ???

It 'naffs' the starter because the bearing between the two parts of the flywheel is usually what goes. This causes the gears of the flywheel and starter not to mesh properly and starts chipping teeth on both.

If it's hard to change gears it's a sign it's on it's way out. A good check to do is to remove the crank sensor. It has a magnet on the end that picks up all the small bits of metal from the flywheel or starter that break off. If you take it out and it's all 'furry' then it's a sure sign one or the other is 'naffed' ;)

how does it naff the starter when the starter contacts the fived part and the duel mass is the clutch side ???

the rubber beteen them gets pulled in to the starter moter and naffs it up ive done one.