Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Power Steering Fluid Change

Cliff71

Hi all. Some opinions if you please.

This afternoon I've changed the power steering fluid in my 52 plate 1.6. At no point did I run the pump until I'd drained it & refilled, then only briefly to suck it into the system, then refilled again. I was careful to avoid getting bubbles. However, now the steering feels heavier & is juddering. I've double checked the fluid & it's gone foamy on top.

Any ideas?

I asked about this at ford and they never renew the fluid foamy at the top suggests water in the system so it may need to be redrained again or there's a lot of air got into the system from memory you refill start the engine and turn from full lock to full lock a few times recheck fluid level and then poo the lid on

That's exactly what I did. I'll drain it off again & refill. Hopefully that will sort it.

Just leave it overnight and the air in the fluid will rise up to reservoir, if its still the same, you need to jack front wheels off the ground and turn the steering lock to lock a few times, then engine off and leave for as long as you can , this should get rid of the air.

I asked about this at ford and they never renew the fluid foamy at the top suggests water in the system so it may need to be redrained again or there's a lot of air got into the system from memory you refill start the engine and turn from full lock to full lock a few times recheck fluid level and then poo the lid on

you have too poo the lid on ? no wonder fords charge so much lol

Thanks all. Drained it again & refilled. All good now.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club