Do Not Sell My Personal Information

1.6 Tdci. Dpf Deleted From Map. What To Do With The Dpf Itself

S40Un

Hi , about 6 months ago I had my focus mk2 1600 Tdci remapped & while we were at it I had the DPF deleted.

Now , the car runs spot on & the Ecu no longer has a clue what a DPF is lol.

However the Dpf itself is still fitted to the system & I'm now looking at ways to get rid..

Has anyone found a replacement pipe for these, like a decat pipe ?

Or has anyone either opened one up , hollowed out the insides & welded up ?

Thanks

Shaun

• Like 1

You're best off getting the can cut open (in a non obvious place) , gutting it and getting it sealed up again.

If you remove it completely you will fail your MOT.

An inspector will expect to see the DPF cannister but can't disassemble anything to check if it's been bypassed/stripped out.

As long as they see an apparently intact DPF then that will be it.

(Ensure the weld lines are on a non-visible side) .

Lenny has had this done and can explain better.

• Like 3

I see what your saying but my dpf has never been intact.

I bought it for cheap stuck in regen mode, The tank was actually missing &

The tank is still missing.

The pipes literally go to nowhere. I've not had any issues with mot like that so far, but then again like you say they would probably spot a decat a mile off ?

• Like 1

If the DPF can is missing already then technically it is a MOT fail, you must have a very forgiving tester.

A decat would indeed be very noticeable and a definite fail.

Some fit a decat pipe and swap back over to a cat pipe for the test only however if you were tugged for a roadside VOSA check you would get stick.

• Like 1

It's just the fluid tank by the rear subframe that's missing, the rest is intact.

The remap does make it run very clean now so maybe if I hollow out the dpf & then fit a dpf fluid tank just so it all looks right, best be safe

• Like 3

If you have the under tray on he can't take it off to inspect it so can't see the dpf anyway , I gutted mine an the heat sheild hides the welds best thing I ever did

• Like 3

If you have the under tray on he can't take it off to inspect it so can't see the dpf anyway , I gutted mine an the heat sheild hides the welds best thing I ever did

Yeah I never thought of that !!

You can't even see it at all

Did you gut it while it was still fitted to the manifold ?

It looks like it would be a pain getting it on again

• Like 1

No m8 it !babypanda! my turbo so I stripped it all out

• Like 2

You might want to consider sorting that sooner rather than late, can't imagine having a DPF and not having it run regen etc as it fills up will do it any good.

Ticking bomb comes to mind

• Like 1

A major issue here is that the soot is collecting in the dpf but as the ecu is unaware of the dpf the soot is not being regenerated & burnt into ash & as Darren correctly predicts - a ticking expensive timebomb

• Like 3

I've stripped the DPF off & gutted the insides tonight . Just as well I did as part of it was starting to get blocked up

• Like 2

Cheers for the advice guys.

It pulls nicely now

• Like 3

Cheers Lenny.

Would have been less of a mess buying one of those lol.

Focus

Is now running hollow dpf 2 inch straight through into modified St tail pipes

Sounds throaty but still quiet :)

Cheers Lenny.

Would have been less of a mess buying one of those lol.

Focus

Is now running hollow dpf 2 inch straight through into modified St tail pipes

Sounds throaty but still quiet :)

Sweet!

I had a ceramic DPF, had it cut open on factory weld,

DPF removed but they left the catalyst in there to baffle the sound so i don't get that turbo drone on back off,

I've been considering the decat for a while now but it is expensive.

The decat would fail an MOT in the UK - plus if any copper or DVSA pull you over and see a decat pipe you'll be up the creek! I don't know if the rules are different in Ireland though, Lenny.

Shaun, where did you get your remap done? I've got a mate that can gut and weld my DPF but I just haven't been able to afford the map yet! They're so expensive for the EDC16 ECU, I'm used to paying around £50 for maps on EDC15 lol.

• Like 1

The decat would fail an MOT in the UK - plus if any copper or DVSA pull you over and see a decat pipe you'll be up the creek! I don't know if the rules are different in Ireland though, Lenny.Shaun, where did you get your remap done? I've got a mate that can gut and weld my DPF but I just haven't been able to afford the map yet! They're so expensive for the EDC16 ECU, I'm used to paying around £50 for maps on EDC15 lol.

Laws are the same over here mate,

If they see smoke they first dip the tank to see if your rolling argri-spec

Then check MOT cert if applicable,

Really not a position id like to be in to be fair.

I paid 400 euro for the dpf chamber gutted and remap,

Has since passed MOT with lower emissions than stock

Spotted this 1.6TDCi fiesta the other day thought it very funny :lol:

IMG_20150813_131928_zps51dqfi3i_edit_143

• Like 1

my friend has a company here in cambridgeshire that does remaps.

He charges £199

Worth every penny

He's done both my cars & there both like totally different cars

• Like 1

My car is also lower emissions than a newer £30 a year road tax 1.6 tdci fiesta

But my tax is £140 ish ...no fair

• Like 2

I paid 400 euro for the dpf chamber gutted and remap,

Has since passed MOT with lower emissions than stock

You do realise that the DPF has no bearing on the emissions? They check for nitrous oxides, carbon dioxide and probably carbon monoxide. The DPF is there to trap the particulates which are the cancer-causing particles small enough to get into the bloodstream. The emissions test doesn't detect those. The particulate problem is the main reason I won't be buying another diesel. Particulates have been identified as a serious public health risk so if you consider yourself a responsible member of society you shouldn't be gutting your DPF.

• Like 2

I think he meant since his remap the lower his emissions have been .

As has mine! plus you get less or no soot after a good remap

• Like 1

You do realise that the DPF has no bearing on the emissions? They check for nitrous oxides, carbon dioxide and probably carbon monoxide. The DPF is there to trap the particulates which are the cancer-causing particles small enough to get into the bloodstream. The emissions test doesn't detect those. The particulate problem is the main reason I won't be buying another diesel. Particulates have been identified as a serious public health risk so if you consider yourself a responsible member of society you shouldn't be gutting your DPF.

I accept your point,

I'm also under no obligation to respond to your input

However society is made of of many categories just the same as vehicles and many elements

I found myself with a vehicle that would self destruct in due course costing me over one thousand pounds on replacement parts had i not taken measures to prevent the future outcome.

I have kids growing up in today's society,

Do i care about there quality of life?

Of course i do,

That's why I've gutted my dpf and blanked the egr valve followed by upgrading the induction filter,

So as the car wont self destruct on a journey to school leaving them stranded on the road as another element of society continues to solely look after itself and carry's on without offering assistance.

And ill be able to send them to collage rather than paying ford almost 2k in repair bills when the dpf cakes up and blows the turbo,

or

the egr valve contaminates the oil enough that it blocks the turbo oil feed and blows the turbo.

Much like many individuals in society i found myself in a situation of future discomfort and have invested time and money in achieving a better outcome

I didn't design it,

I paid top money for it,

If they sold it to me properly and honestly then i would never have bought it.

Its designed to go wrong.

Its now become my problem due to purchasing there design,

I'm stuck with it and this is how I've dealt with it as efficiently as possible with proven quality results its still got a cat fitted doesnt smoke and returns 72mpg

My next car wont be a diesel neither but for now it is and this is how I've dealt with the problem the manufacturer has put upon society.

• Like 7

My land rover came standard without a cat or dpf ...

It's running around 145 HP now & will happily fill the road with soot when you put your foot down.

It's veichles that are like this we should be concerned about. Not modern diesels with gutted Dpf's that run clean regardless.

My mini is even worse 1.0 petrol 15 mpg max still passes emissions somehow lol

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club