Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Returning Old Git

Cleaner

hi all was a member on here some time ago and am returning after having other makes of car.

After having my Subaru Forester B5 writen off I have decided to return to the Ford badge.

1979 was my first Ford year I was 20 years old and bought my first car after getting my licence back from an 18 month ban obtained on a motor bike.

1972 MK3 Cortina,,,fitted with a 3/4 race engine from a company called Oselli engineering,,,it was a 1650 3/4 race developing 175BHP it was clocked on the track at silverstone at 137 MPH,,,did 16mpg.

Then a MK4 2.0S,,engine swapped for a 2.2 lotus Talbot unit,,200bhp bar the shouting was good for 150mph and was serious fun,,even more at the traffic light GP on the ring road in Huntingdon,,,,,only when nothing else about of course.

Then in 1986 I bit the Bullet and had the first Sierra sapphire cosworth in Huntingdon,,,,sadly I only had that one for 6 months,,,there was so many things went wrong with it,,,in the 6 months I had the ford garage had it for 5 of those 6 months,,,,,received a full refund.

Then went to some other vehicles including 4x4s.

Then in 2011 had one of the best estate cars I have had,,,,it was a 2.0 duratec powered mondeo,,it didn't stop there though,,,it was fitted with a Burton fuel injection system,,different inlet manifold,,stage 2 cams,,vernier pulleys and an updated timing chain,, De cat 2 3/4" exhaust system right through,,it was on the rollers giving 245 at the front wheels,,,still did 25 mpg and was f,,king fast,,,that poor old girl meet her end at the hands of a Police driver who decided he had right of way on Sapley road,,obstacle his side drove round straight into the front of mine,,,!Removed!.

Now as I say my Forester got destroyed on the Black Cat roundabout in Bedfordshire,,decided to come back and have bought a 2006 Ford Focus 1.6 Ti VCT Titanium,,,,and have to say apart from the performance all in all its not a bad car,,,funky interior and a very nice sounding stereo system...

Well that's me married 3 grown up kids all moved away bar one,,,a Beagle who is a compulsive thief who eats and sleeps occasionally walks. Also had a number of motor cycles.

Nice to be back,,,I hope,,,I have quite a knowledge of the Ford badge and look forward to some good oll rows on here with other members..

Regards Paul

• Like 2

Hi welcome :)

welcome back

Hi welcome, didn't know you first time around but looking forward to your knowledge and posts, handy having people who know older fords!

Sent via the 'Clacks'

GNU STP

Thanx for the warm welcome,,,,time at the mo will restrict my posts but I will try,,,,I work on a farm so as you can imagine this is an extremely busy time of the year,,,,,started at 5 this morning and just having a welcomed bacon roll and a T.

Regards paul

• Like 1

Welcome back - from another '' class of 79 '' old git :)

• 2 months later...

Well I have had the focus for 5 months now and am pleased to say I am happy with it,,being the 1.6 it ant no rocket ship but it ant bad,,the main thing and the reason for buying it is the fuel consumption road tax and insurance.

Given the fact I do about 350-450 miles a month so I am fill the focus about every 5 weeks it holds 55 ltrs roughly 12 gallons and I am getting on average on a run 500 miles to a tank and round town about the onboard comp shows 39.6 to 41 so am happy with that,,,my poor lad Forester did 30 on a run but that did have over 280 hp.

Tax nearly 200 quid cheaper than the forester per annum and the insurance is now £148 a year fully comp rather than £400 for the old Fozzy,,it was a great car shame it got wrote off but ther you go,,,,must say I ant no whimp but some f the cold mornings we have had recently I am glad that the person who bought the focus first had the heated seats fitted,,,,the old Fozzy had them as well is nice to have a warm back and bum when it's fresh out and when your at work for 5 in the morning most days it is a leasure,,,,,shame Land Rover never put them in the Defender,,,,still there you go.

Keep well all, and drive safely in the fog...

Paul

Sounds good.

And FYI, our 2015 Defender has both a heated windscreen and heated seats! They've been around since 2008 i think. :)

Yea probably, the we have on the farm I use is a 2011 that has heated screen, aux heater in the back keep the spaniels and beagles warm,lol but no heated seats.

One thing I can tell ya tho they ain't the go anywhere 4x4 Land Rover would have you believe. Not bad tho....

• Like 1

Welcome back along, great to see another farmer on here, I'm a cowman. Judging by the fact you were at work at 5 I'm guessing you are to.

Hi Matt,,,,no nothing so glamorous as dairy,,,all seed and grain my boss grows,,,had some early starts because we are putting 3 new buildings in each 12.150 square feet and what with cutting new soak aways been real busy,,,,plus best time to get the machines serviced all ready for the new season.

Paul

Ahh we're chopping at the moment not got much left now I don't think. You tractor lads keep all nice, clean and warm and here's us cowman getting filthy, smelly, kicked and wet haha. We've had a new track laid down so the feeder doesn't get in the way and a few acres of roughland has been cleared so rumour has it a new parlour is in the pipeline. Happy days if that's true

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club