new battery

dezwez

hi can you use any 43 amp hour battey

on a focus and do all focus have the smart chargeing fitted

its a lead acid battery thanks

as far as i know all the focus' have the smart charge system. its gotta be a lead calcuim type?

as far as i know all the focus' have the smart charge system. its gotta be a lead calcuim type?

thanks for reply

depends what focus it is there different

example st170 batterie is bigger than a normal 2.0 focus

do you know what the smart charge does ???

depends what focus it is there different

example st170 batterie is bigger than a normal 2.0 focus

do you know what the smart charge does ???

no

no

just charges like a normal alternator until you floor it / gear donw to overtake something then the alternator stops charging to give the engine a couple of extra bhp to overtake / go faster then stats to charge when rmp is lower again....

use a batterie thats recommend for your car

just charges like a normal alternator until you floor it / gear donw to overtake something then the alternator stops charging to give the engine a couple of extra bhp to overtake / go faster then stats to charge when rmp is lower again....

right ok thanks

LOL so when i floor it my lights will dim as the voltage will drop... i dont think so. and why would a ridiculous system like that need a special battery type?

here is the real answer,

The theory behind smart charge, is a battery will take a charges at its most efficient when it’s cold. Following start up, the PCM checks the Engine coolant temp, and intake air temp, and calculates a cold engine. It will then boost the battery charge, pulling it back as it calculates the under bonnet temp coming up. Its not there to compensate high demand as is the common misconception.

The charging system employed on the Ford Focus is unlike any other charging system that is currently in production.

Ford utilise what is termed a 'smart charge' system. With a conventional charging system the battery is charged at a voltage that is determined by the voltage regulator, with all the electrical load being drawn from the alternator fed battery.

Smart charging enables the voltage supply from the alternator to vary depending on the temperature of the battery's electrolyte. It has been proven that a cold battery will respond better to a higher voltage than a hot battery, which responds better to a slightly lower voltage. The temperature of the electrolyte is calculated by monitoring the air intake temperature when the engine was last stopped and the current intake air temperature. From these two datum points, the battery's temperature can now be calculated and the appropriate charge sent to the battery.

you could of put it in your own words instead of copy and paste

your right i could have, but why waste 20 minutes doing so when someone on the internet has already done so... and its probably easier to understand than what i would have written.

Lets hope the first person who put it on the internet knew what they were talking about. Else copy and paste or your own words are pretty use less >lol>

Lets hope the first person who put it on the internet knew what they were talking about. Else copy and paste or your own words are pretty use less >lol>

true but as i already have a good idea of what it is and how it works i dont think that would have been an issue :)