Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Time for new tyres

TitaniumSteve

Just bought some new front tyres for my Mk7, it has now done 18500 miles. I know that sounds a little low in mileage for new tyres, but as many of you know my car is used for driving tuition so of course it does alot of town driving and slow manouvers, so I am reasonable happy with this sought of mileage. They still have just over 2mm ish on them (1.6mm being the legal limit) but I not want to take them lower than that. The rear tyres still have 4.5mm - 5mm on them.

I have just ordered some Nankang NS-2 195/45 R16 84V RF with rim protection, these are a budget tyre but I know this tyre from previous cars in the past and have found them to be brill. Orderd them through Mytyres.com and are costing £57 each fitted, £114 for the pair fitted.

So thought you lot may be interested as my car is prob the highest mileage Mk7 on this site, and thought you might like to know what to expect in the future.

Steve

Thanks Steve. My car is nearly at 1000 miles after nearly 4 months. Low I know :lol:

Thanks Steve. My car is nearly at 1000 miles after nearly 4 months. Low I know :lol:

My old Mark 3 GOlf would chew it's front tyres without even !Removed! the nuts off it, in about oh 8000! And the tracking was done because before it was less...

I bet your pupils love learning to drive in your car, my daughter is learning atm, she did ask to drive my car - im sure you know what the answer to that was lol, we keep saying we have to get hold of a spare tyre for our car as the Dunlop TT Max were hard for Mountune to get hold off. My car has just done 6k now and is wearing in well.

18500k out of a set of front tyres...and i thought i was doing ok at just over 13k on my focus lol

I bet your pupils love learning to drive in your car, my daughter is learning atm, she did ask to drive my car - im sure you know what the answer to that was lol, we keep saying we have to get hold of a spare tyre for our car as the Dunlop TT Max were hard for Mountune to get hold off. My car has just done 6k now and is wearing in well.

The company I am franchised to says to all the pupils that ring up the head office say that I have the best car in the whole fleet and there is 27 instructors in my company. The head office quite often has pupils call and ask for my fiesta. Since having had the Fiesta (March 13th) every single pupil thinks the car is cool, and alot when they pass are upset that they not going to be able to have a car like mine.

Just bought some new front tyres for my Mk7, it has now done 18500 miles. I know that sounds a little low in mileage for new tyres, but as many of you know my car is used for driving tuition so of course it does alot of town driving and slow manouvers, so I am reasonable happy with this sought of mileage. They still have just over 2mm ish on them (1.6mm being the legal limit) but I not want to take them lower than that. The rear tyres still have 4.5mm - 5mm on them.

I have just ordered some Nankang NS-2 195/45 R16 84V RF with rim protection, these are a budget tyre but I know this tyre from previous cars in the past and have found them to be brill. Orderd them through Mytyres.com and are costing £57 each fitted, £114 for the pair fitted.

So thought you lot may be interested as my car is prob the highest mileage Mk7 on this site, and thought you might like to know what to expect in the future.

Steve

What concerns me when having tyres changed is the scratches and gouges done to the alloys, is there a way around this?

Not really it all depends on how carefull they are, some just don't care so there's not much you can do about it. I was expecting my rims to be scratched after having 4 Uniroyal rainsport 2 (195/45 R16) fitted but luckily only came away with 1 small surface scratch.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club