Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Enginer Light

jcs95whufc

hi guys,

driving around today my orange engine light came on....gave ford a quick ring and have it booked in early September. due to mileage they said it shouldn't be because of a service - due in December time. worries what this could be? as its 14 plate its going in under warranty...I understand it could be a number of things though!!

thanks

J

Can they not do it any sooner, even just to read the fault code?

I'd be concerned driving with the engine light on for 2 weeks...

the girl on the phone said its safe to drive on orange but if it turns red the stop driving - im a commercial agent so I do a lot of driving mostly motorway driving so pretty much all my miles are motorway. I am slightly worried that im trekking on the m25 and my car packs up...I do go abroad next Friday (28th) for a week. so it will give it some rest I guess.

They said they was fully booked until then...cant be that concerned...right?

I didn't know the light could go red, but I might be wrong on that one.

If it was me, I would want it in writing from the service department that it is safe to keep driving with the engine light on. Then if the worst happens, you are covered :)

• Like 1

cheers mate I will give them another bell whilst driving home. I literally live 5 minute walk from the dealership might pop in.

to top if off my f*c*ing brake light went this morning too lol! Since ive had this car all ive had is problems drives me mad. excuse the pun.

No red light lol

Unless she is confused with the oil light,

Drive round for another two weeks so that it causes something major that unfortunately is not covered by our boggo standard warranty and costs you a pretty penny hehehehe

jamie

haha - well the engine light has now disappeared...bizarre! very confused...debating whether to cancel the appointment booked in ...sods law if I do itll come back on lol

I'd leave it booked in and at least have them plug it in and read the faults to see what may have triggered it.

• Like 1

I tend to agree with Alex ^^ Best get it checked,

Jamie

• Like 1

its probably something minor as you not experiencing any running issues, but will need looking at, keep the booking

• Like 1

Yeah I will keep this booked in its appeared again lol - ill let everyone know what the problem is/was

• 3 weeks later...

got my car back Tuesday afternoon and they told me I have a faulty sensor somewhere....part on order and goes back in on 29th. They also fitted a new brake light for me for free happy days.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club