Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Repeaters And Rears De-tangoed 馃槑

FMC
聽Share

Still waiting for the LED DRL/headlight bulbs to come before de-tangoing the front indicators (2 birds, 1 stone, and all that!) but just done the rears with Philips Silvervisions and wing-mirror repeaters with Osram Diadem Chromes 馃憤馃徏

post-9562-0-56226300-1439841057_thumb.jp

post-9562-0-96818400-1439841075_thumb.jp

post-9562-0-22377800-1439841095_thumb.jp

post-9562-0-07839900-1439841117_thumb.jp

Looks good. . . I personally don't mind orange bulbs on my car, but I do think if you're willing to change them it's worth it.

Looks loads better, first mod I did to my ZS

I wasn't bothered either until I decided to keep it which is when the modifying began and the Orange bulbs really started to bug me so they had to go!

I've also put LED CANBUS 501s in the rear number plate (the type pictured).

Much better! 馃挕馃挕

post-9562-0-63360200-1439841945_thumb.jp

post-9562-0-86779100-1439841993_thumb.jp

Tbh I have not done the wing mirrors, are they easy to change over ?

That spacing on your numberplate looks abit dodge, lol ?

Tbh I have not done the wing mirrors, are they easy to change over ?

I'd imagine so. . . All you have to do is drive backwards near a wall until your wing mirror scrapes it and the cap will fly off. (haha yes I found out that way) luckily barely a mark.

More realistically it probably just unclips, I'm not sure how, I assume FMC will explain.

I wasn't bothered either until I decided to keep it which is when the modifying began and the Orange bulbs really started to bug me so they had to go!

I've also put LED CANBUS 501s in the rear number plate (the type pictured).

Much better!

Aw don't say that. . . I'll be on here next month now showing my de-tangoed efforts. haha

Sorry for late replies guys!

I got the owner's manual out to change the repeaters - I folded the mirrors FORWARD to make access to the inside of the mirror cap easier and you just squeeze it in to pop the single retaining clip. I also pressed it along the entire edge before wiggling it to pop it off. There's theee or four retaining lugs to slot the cap into the mirror housing and that single clip "locks" it in. The near side came off easily, but the driver's one snapped the clip. Luckily I managed to superglue it back on and it's holding fine! Not sure it'll hold forever mind :(

Regarding the number plate, it's basically my name and first part of surname. Hence the dodgy spacing! It's technically not legal, but it can be read fine by an ANPR camera (I know, because automated car park tickets print the registration on no problem!) which is really all the police will care about these days!

Those of you on Twitter / Instagram will find me @regan_ev

I myself have de-tango front and rears and installed the LED's for the number plate, but still need to de-tango the side mirrors and priority nr one is replacing reverse lights with strong led's the standard globes are useless at night, can't see a damn thing, O and I also did HID's for the main lights

I fail to see why anyone would want to bother de-tangoing. Who gives a **** what colour the indicator bulbs are? What am I missing?

It gets rid of the horrible orange tint that ruins the appearance of an otherwise streamlined light lens.

I personally can't get my head around someone that doesn't get it.

First job I did on my car (and all previous ones too) .

• Like 1

Come to think of it, I only have three lights on my car that are still stock. The rear brake lights and rear fog light. Everything else has been swapped...

• Like 1

Judge for yourself, I personally don't think the Orange looks good in those massive headlights, reminds me of the US cars that get ruined by those front orange reflectors, so I changed them, did the rears as well, but they don't really get noticed unless your a Fiesta guy
Before
post-52935-0-69645200-1409036427_thumb.j
After
post-52935-0-76889700-1409036491_thumb.j

What bulbs did you get Jeff? I think it looks much better without the Orange

Much cleaner looking that a horrible orange blob in the way.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

I think they were Philips Silver Visions, remembered they cost me more to import to SA than the actual item cost, but I am very happy with them, had them for over a year and no blow outs front or rear

• Like 1

Manufacturers were heading in the right direction when they stopped fitting orange lenses but then to put orange bulbs into them pretty much negated the effort.

Silver bulbs in clear lenses looks far cleaner and classy.

• Like 3

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club