Do Not Sell My Personal Information

My Job Tomorrow Is..........

simcor

IMAG0018.jpg

No words required lol

Need to nip to Ford parts just up the road from me, new exhaust band clamp and new hose clips for all the pipework.

I couldn't give a toss if it was a rusty nail as long as it fixes the car I will be happy, it will be nice to be able to get up hills again without a sloth overtaking me lol

Haha, dreading the day my turbo goes on me :(

Good luck with it Simon, at least access is good with these.

I still get overtaken by sloths uphill without any turbo faults though, cars too heavy for the 1.6! :lol:

Good luck mate, hope you have a smile at the end of the day :)

Well the good news is it took nearly no time to fit at all, had the turbo off that much lately I can almost do it with my eyes closed. It is running better but still getting black smoke and still getting underboost DTC. So I now need to find out what it causing that. Whilst I have been at it this last few weeks, I am convinced there is no boost leaks anywhere on any pipes, they have been checked so many times. So my next port of call is to reprogram the PCM with the latest available update, basically starting from scrtach so I know the PCM is sending and reading the right info re sensors.

If all is still not well then I will be looking at the vacuum regulator as that is opten a common problem on these engines and then take it from there, I am still only producing just under 17psi boost currently.

Good luck with it Simon, at least access is good with these.

I still get overtaken by sloths uphill without any turbo faults though, cars too heavy for the 1.6! :lol:

I found mine to be fine, it's not that bad an engine for a 1.6.

Good luck mate, hope you have a smile at the end of the day :)

Half smiling at least, thanks.

Have fun

Always have fun getting mucky and taking things apart lol