Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Dash Warning Lights And Computer Malfunction

smak

Hello

I have a Focus Estate CVT 2006 Model.

Every now and then, and most times going over bumps, the computer seems to lose control of everything, loads of warning lights light up and my computer tells me "steering malfunction" "transmission malfunction" when this happens I loose all power to the wheels.

I spoke to someone about it and they say it's a common problem and that I must apply pressure to the front of the speedo casing, I tried this and it helps, almost as if there is a loose connection behind the speedo case.

I want to know if anyone else has had this problem and particularly with the automatics. And what they did to fix it??

Thanks Guys!

sounds very much like the nstrment cluster issues...

Thanks jeebowhite

This problem is still occurring with the instrument cluster and since yesterday the engine warning light has come on and is staying on.

I am wondering if this is a result of the instrument cluster problem or could it be advising that there is a fault in the engine? What does the warning light refer to?

I have seen that you can easily remove the instrument cluster and spray it with some circuit board cleaner, but will this actually solve the problem?

that error light is a universal "help" message, it just means something is wrong and you need to fix it. You need to read the error codes, but I would say with the evidence so far presented, your best bet is to get it refurbed for £99.

If its a no fault found, its about £30, but if it keeps going as it is, I would suggest it will be a refurb jobby.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club